Sydney Kings

bojulabah

What a cracker season for Kingfish. Things just seem to get better and better.

I don’t think I’ve boated one under 60cm for months and total this year is 132 from Long Reef and Sydney Harbour (mostly the harbour) and not any particular location - they seem to be every where - North harbour, The Heads, Sow and pigs, Clifton gardens, even around Gladesville and off the Opera House. Last week I boated. 87 and 92 just in front of Doyle’s Se food restaurant - (thought of asking if they wanted to buy some fresh kingfish - only joking I know this is illegal).

they have been taking Yakkas, slimies and even pilchards, so not hard to get, but they are hard to hold and I’ve lost some thumpers on 80lb Fluro leader and 60lb braid.

E6A8E7BB-E4FB-4CA4-A581-8BCFEF3D86DB.jpeg

FDD89B0C-0E5A-4D7E-ADD1-3B5647E99650.jpeg

• Like 5

Reply to a few questions; I don’t mind sharing

Proverbs 20:18  “Seek advice n all you do and you’ll find success”

WHAT DETERMINES METHOD: I fish with paternoster rig and live Yakkas or slimies or fresh or live squid again paternoster. Heavy snapper lead and 8 or 9/0 circle hook.

if livies I bridle with rubber band through the front of eye socket (look it up on YouTube).

* WHAT DETERMINES LOCATION: Deep water and drop offs.

* MOST IMPORTANT MOST IMPORTANT THING - IF YOU KEEP DONG THE SAME THING THE SAME WAY - YOULL GET THE SAME RESULT.

* DONT USE ANY scents e.g. insect repellent, sun screen.

keep trying different methods

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1