Squid again

rickmarlin62

Guest Guest123456789

Perfect score Rick well done mate. Any key secrets to success to share a p plate squidder like me?

Small yamashita jigs  1.8  most colours work  orange   natural browns   and green are my prefered   .i fish two jigs about 45 cm apart  80 to 90 cm under small float of a night under the jetty lights ...daytime drifting in boat  two jigs paternoster style near bottom...rick

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Small yamashita jigs  1.8  most colours work  orange   natural browns   and green are my prefered   .i fish two jigs about 45 cm apart  80 to 90 cm under small float of a night under the jetty lights ...daytime drifting in boat  two jigs paternoster style near bottom...rick

I might try that from Shoal Bay jetty one night. Nice bag, Rick!

12 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

So Rick you don't work the jigs at all on the jetty?! You just let them drift?! I find that amazing as I always thought it was the action that attracts the squid. But you obviously get results!! BTW leave some squid for the rest of us. lol

Rich

12 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Hi rick.

i heard your style of fishing for squid were much easier then bouncing it back is that true? and to me, it looks easier lol. 1m down from the float. but how deep are the water you fishing? and do you just slowly retrieve it back when the float sinks? or you just leave it there and wait for the float to sink then retrieve?

noob squider, would appreciate all advice.

thanks

sam

the water is roughly 2/2.5 mtrs  but the squid are hunting in the pool of light cast upon water by overhead lighting..a metre or 1.2 deep is plenty as the squid tend to stay down from the surface in general   occasionally you spot them on the surface...rick

• Like 1