Cairns GT Fishing!!!!

tyrone07

G’day All, currently sitting in Singapore Airport, awaiting my transfer to the Maldives. Anyway was up in Cairns the last two weeks for my wedding, and had planned a full two week itinerary before the big day. The wife and I went out with a guide I had wanted to go with for a while and it did not disappoint. Threw big poppers and stick baits all day, and within the last hour was rewarded with a cracking GT that fought like nothing else. We landed a number of fish including Giant trevally, Coral Trout, Mack’s and a number of reef fish. In 3-5 meters on locked drag and 100lb braid/leader it was a war,that luckily I won. Highly recommend if your ever in Cairns spending the money and chasing these awesome fish!!!

00FEA1B1-BD9F-48B0-BD23-4E73F5484EF5.jpeg

3E283185-57CB-4F67-8959-381B42DB4B94.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

What a catch! Well done. They pull just as hard as an angry Mrs haha. Congrats! 

Enjoy the Maldives. If you have the gear... There's quite a few GTs over that way too around Maldives and Mauritius (rocks and reef off the northern part of the island).

Always wonder how many lures are these monsters mouths....  

Edited by Kracka
K
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 12:20 PM, Scratchie said:

Great stuff mate! Two cracking catches there! Enjoy the Maldives. I hope there’s some fishing planned for there too! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Fishing is booked for Friday, not cheap but we are going jogging early for dog tooth, then have the arvo chasing dollies and yellowfin so I’m pumped.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kracka said:

What a catch! Well done. They pull just as hard as an angry Mrs haha. Congrats! 

Enjoy the Maldives. If you have the gear... There's quite a few GTs over that way too around Maldives and Mauritius (rocks and reef off the northern part of the island).

Always wonder how many lures are these monsters mouths....  

Hahahahaha I dunno about that the missus always would win if push came to shove. I brought my pooping gear but cNt fish off the resort we are staying on. Going with a charter Friday though so pumped for that

11 hours ago, tyrone07 said:

Hahahahaha I dunno about that the missus always would win if push came to shove. I brought my pooping gear but cNt fish off the resort we are staying on. Going with a charter Friday though so pumped for that

They always win lol.

Ah bummer you can't fish from the resort. You would probably have some nice trevs around the beaches early morning or late Arvo.

Charter will be awesome! Some seriously sized fish out there. Keep us all posted how you go. Very jealous.  Good luck!

• Haha 1