Broughton Snapper

Woodsy1

Headed out at 4.45 this morning stopped for bait, there was plenty around but there wasn’t any big balls, it was spread apart. The first few were yakkas so a quick move and the slimmies started coming in, didn’t take long to get enough. Off to The sisters for a drift with the plastics, the water was about 19.8 degrees and not enough wind to get a decent drift. Didn’t do any good so headed to another spot and anchored. We put a slimmie out and cut some up for snapper baits, my mate who has fished even less then me got a nice little legal snapper but while I was measuring it I dropped it over board, I felt like a idiot. Next my rod got hit and off it went after a quick little fight on 20pound braid and 20pound flouro carbon a nice 65cm snapper next cast a 55cm snapper. We ended up with 6 with the 2 above being the biggest. Only have a pic of the 2 biggest ones.E1B2A678-DA71-49B7-B0DB-0F19C81ECBDE.thumb.jpeg.78a2231a80cb87c5980547dd4f09b1ee.jpeg

We got these fish following a few tips on bait from fellow raider Scratchie, thanks mate. ps always follow his fishing tips but don’t listen to his Melbourne cup tips. What Great morning 

Woodsy

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, masterfisho7 said:

Well done some top fish

Thanks mate.

14 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Great work sounds like an awesome day on the water.

Scratchie is definately the "snapper whisperer" isnt he.

Thanks It was a great morning and yeah he definitely is the Snapper whisperer and is happy to see you get fish after he has given you the tips and pointers.

Haha, bro you kill me! Sending me snapper pic whilst I’m working! Kudos to you! I’m glad you got a few but disappointed not on the sps!! 

Although you need to adapt to the conditions and that’s what you did! so you listened and you struck gold! Well done mate and now to get your arms stretched on some marlin!!!! 

Cheers scratchie!!!? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

They call it karma jeff  suks workin eh  goin up fri midday  water looks like its warmed  nice fish woodsy  good to see some after a few dud sessions...rick

Thanks Rick, yeah there have been a few dounuts lately

1 hour ago, Berleyguts said:

Nice effort, Woodsy!

Unweighted baits floated back down a berley trail?

Thanks mate.

There was a bit of current at the second spot so I used a 1/4oz jig head with slimmie fillets and heads

• Like 1