Back on the water

jenno64

On leave for a couple of weeks to do some household chores and squeeze in a couple of kayak trips in between. Weather gods have smiled so far this week with good tides, cloud cover and low winds so not many chores executed so far:)

Collected some small poddies yesterday morning and headed up river, landing a couple of small flatties on HBs on the tro;;. When the tide had some run I was hit by a good fish over a drop off on a small livey and after pedaling away from structure landed a nice jew that went 70cm bang on!

Soon after scored a nice fat 43cm bream on a blade followed by a fiesty 45cm  trevally that also took a livey!

Today I repeated the exercise and took some liveys up for a another tow around. Picked up a very nice flatty on a large livey that put on some acrobatics in the net. I lip gripped her, removed the hook and towed her into shore for a few pics and a video of the release but she kicked the lip grips off as we hit the shore and self-released!

Picked up a nice 58cm flatty for the table on the way back to the ramp. Some hefty filleting to be done tomorrow for the weekend BBQ!

Chores for a few days but keeping eyes on Seabreeze just in case:)

IMG_4082 (2).JPG

IMG_4086 (3).jpg

IMG_4089 (3).jpg

IMG_4093 (3).jpg

IMG_4094 (3).jpg

IMG_4088 (2).jpg

• Like 7

Great couple of trips, too bad it's added to your list of chore.

Filleting fish has to be top of the list now, then BBQ, then filling friend's orders for fish, then tag along trips.

You have to get your priorities right. Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a great report Rob (Jenno). How I envy you kayak guys doing your thing these days. Alas, I missed the boat on that but really enjoy reading quality reports from you guys that practice it. Keep up the good work and producing the reports for us all to follow...oh, and don't worry about the chores, they will still be there tomorrow. Cheers, bn