Top End Barra Fishing Mary River Run Off

hornets

Just got back from the best holiday you can have a free one . My boss gave three of us a weeks fishing at Mary River Nt 

It hasn’t been a great wet season and the only booking left in run off was last week but we caught a lot of fish but not a lot of size . Nearly All fish caught on fizzers , drunk mullet and the funniest $5 bargain bin green and yellow frog with spinners for legs . This lure caught the most fish and with hidden hook couldn’t get snagged and that meant always on the right spot in the mangroves . Probably got 20-30 fish each in four days . 83cm biggest with half dozen 70s . 

The worst part of the trip was getting attacked by bad bugs in Darwin mantra in the stop over on the way back and scratching all week . It was a trip to tick off with a great guide and crocs that were massive in the wild . The only fish we got on the troll was I picked up a 17lb catfish which was a horse . 

IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_1732.JPG

• Like 5

Wow mate very jealous, except the bed bug bit.  Great to hear the old bargain bin coming up with some awesome results , wonder why we spend our money on expensive brand name lures. Top stuff and awesome photos, whish my boss paied for a barra trip up north, hard to get a pen of him sometimes.

Cheers Scotty 

They may not have been huge but 20-30 Barra each is bloody good - especially when the boss is paying!!

Yeah I heard it was a lousy 'wet' this year, a mate of mine works on a flash resort over near Shady Camp and they've been offering refunds to their clients if they want to cancel their fishing for this year due to the lack of run off.

Geez mate your boss must be a treasure. What a gift to give to 3 guys! You all have very special memories of the trip and the amazing experiences you had. Does life get any better?? Righto back to work. Great report! bn