Port hacking today.

Fab1

As usual hit the port with the family adound 8am for a few hours fishing.

Went straight to swa only to catch nothing substantial after adound 2hrs in various places.

Thought we'd go up river past Grays Point to have a crack drifting.  We manage one really nice bream and 3 flounder using prawns on running sinker rigs.

We released all of them to fight another day as just yesterday we went to the Sydney fish markets  to buy some deep sea perch fillets for the mrs.

It was miserable and windy out there eith water temp anywhere in the high 19's to 21 deg depending on where you fished.

Cheers.

• Like 4

South west arm looks interesting I have only caught a few good bream and some tailor there. At least it’s got some protection from southerlies. A day of exploring is always good.

If you hadn’t gone out you would have wondered what the day would have brought.

10 hours ago, Yowie said:

At least something for the boat Fab, even though they all fell back overboard.  😀

I would of kept them if we hadn't gone to the fishmarkets the day before.As you know i don't catch many fish but it's not the end of the world if i release them too.Spending quality time with the mrs and boy far out weighs catching fish for me.

9 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

South west arm looks interesting I have only caught a few good bream and some tailor there. At least it’s got some protection from southerlies. A day of exploring is always good.

If you hadn’t gone out you would have wondered what the day would have brought.

There's some big things lurking in there in the deeper water mate.I've been busted off a few times in that part of the river.It's one of my favourite spots further in to anchor up and have lunch.

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

Good to see you're getting out Fab. Good for the soul. bn

Cheers mate.I'd be out every day watching the world go by if i could. Beautiful part of sydney the port.My boat fired up with half a kick after spending months sitting idle and went like a trouper the whole time too.

2 hours ago, Welster said:

It’s nice to hear you got on the water Fabian and a few fish in average conditions. 

Cheers mate,love being out and always enjoy ourselves no matter the results.There was no working on the tan this time around or getting a sunburnt potatoe head.😂

12 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Good job getting out on the water especially with the family Fabian ...  the fish are a bonus !

Cheers Zoran

They sure are a bonus mate.What matters the most to us is doing things as a family spending quality time together.I try to do as much as i can with them outside working hours.Sometimes I'm tired but still make the effort of taking them somewhere even if it's just out locally to lunch or dinner.

Cheers.

• Like 3