Wanda Beach Productive

wchh

There are a few  gutters at the northern end of Wanda beach that are good for fishing at low tide.  The only thing is you need to arrive a bit late at somewhere after 10 am so that you won’t be harassed by the hundreds of dogs enjoying the free run. (Leash free time). 

This weekend, I made a mid day trip each on Saturday and Sunday. About 3 hours fishing each day finishing about 2pm, just before high tide. 

Generally fishing is good when water is low and gets slower when water is higher.

All up for the two trips, I caught 5 good Flathead (ranging 40-50cm), 7 tailor, 1 bream of 32cm, 1 flounder of 38cm (could have been my PB), one Trevally, and one tarwhine just made into the legal size at 24cm. 

I was fishing with pilchard and again limiting to 10 pilchard each trip. 

I used a light action 12ft beach rod I bought last weekend. Yesterday I used a $25 reel spooled with 15 lb mono and refuced the line to 12lb today. The light line worked a lot better and it could be still a bit lighter.

The goal was to catch bream. With one bream caught and complimented with a flounder, no complaints at all. 

Attached a photo of today’s catch.

cheers

Charles 

90791EC0-6710-463A-9D17-5C64253C3CB1.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The flounder is indeed a good surprise! In the last four years, I caught only 4 flounders off the Cronulla/Wanda beach. This one is the biggest and my PB.My last pb was 34cm also from Wanda caught on 18/03/2018.

Charles