Winter Fatty

J0nn0

Headed out solo this morning, in search of the elusive Jew, elusive for me for the past year anyway.

Managed the nail this fat little fella just before the end of the run in.

Went 75cm,  not the biggest, but plenty thick, just like the bloke who caught him 😂

Anyway first fish on the Chasebaits RipSnorter vibe, in herring I believe.

That was it for the morning, packed up and headed home at about 11am.

94D8B207-380F-4B30-913E-FA42252DB5F5.jpeg

• Like 7

Nice one Jonno! 👍 Good to see that you're still out and about and getting a quality jew for your efforts. Nice and fat specimen there (the fish that is!). 

Did you try any other lures? What's your opinion of those Chasebait RipSnorter vibes?

8 hours ago, nbdshroom said:

Nice one Jonno! 👍 Good to see that you're still out and about and getting a quality jew for your efforts. Nice and fat specimen there (the fish that is!). 

Did you try any other lures? What's your opinion of those Chasebait RipSnorter vibes?

Yeah tried the usual suspects, jerk shads and paddle tails, but not even a hit on those.

in regards to the ripsnorter, they cast well, are a good weight, they don’t really seem to thump too hard on the lift, I have paddle tails that thump harder.

Mainly only brought them because of the hook set up, as I don’t really like the ideas of using trebles.

In terms of snag resistance, I don’t know if I would be bobbing them around timber like they did in the promo vids, the hook does tend to move around a bit.

They did the job though, so will keep using them 😁

• Like 2