Two morning sessions chasing squid

61 crusher

Got out at 7:30 to my local rock ledge yesterday morning first cast & was on & thought I was going to have a great session but ended up with 3 takes & 2 squid just shy of 30cm hood length for 3 1/2hours, decided to have another crack this morning arriving around 8am (should’ve been there at dawn for both sessions) first cast & on again, this time 4 squid from 4 hits 6D9E4784-79A7-4B3D-A6AD-9AB061A14D40.thumb.jpeg.f6b8477e0bd774dd1437fd34850384f5.jpeg

There aren’t many around but they are a good eating size, should be a couple of tasty meals in those half dozen 😃

• Like 8

I'm not the OP but I find rolling in flour then cooking on a well oiled BBQ gives an amazing taste - my favourite seafood! ..or is it lobster, crab, prawns, oysters.. tough choice! 😁

They don't need long, once the rings stop shrinking they're done, maybe 30 secs a side depends on the bbq heat..

Edited by lakelad
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 5:26 PM, GoingFishing said:

Yummy........how do you cook them?

Usually flour (with salt, pepper & other spices), egg, Panko crumbs & fried, I’ve tried a few other ways but it’s what the rest of the family prefers

On 7/18/2019 at 5:47 PM, lakelad said:

I find rolling in flour then cooking on a well oiled BBQ gives an amazing taste

I’ll have to give that ago, sounds great

On 7/18/2019 at 6:58 PM, Scratchie said:

Enjoy the feed mate and save the heads.

Devoured last night & tasted great even the tentacles I reckon they are the best part, soft with a beautiful crunch, maybe next time I’ll keep a few heads & guts for bait (Snapper, Kingy & Jew candy)

• Like 1

Nice work mate, I bet they tasted great 👍

I still haven't been out since NB but wont be long & back into it.

Haven't been to that store you suggested yet but will give these a crack next outing.

lure.thumb.jpg.eab2900f8bc5a2f26a71d7fac8ac1169.jpg

Hopefully I can get me some of those tasty Cephalopods 😊

20 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Nice work mate, I bet they tasted great 👍

I still haven't been out since NB but wont be long & back into it.

Haven't been to that store you suggested yet but will give these a crack next outing.

Thanks mate they went down a treat, I haven’t been out in the boat since but I’m sure you would be doing alright on the venison front if you’re getting out there, those colours look good, red one early & late afternoon get them down near the bottom & go slow & mix it up a little, good luck

• Like 1