Port Stephens snapper attempt 3

Peter Nelson

Decided to head to broughton after deciding the work around the house can wait especially  after being inspired  by Scratchies reports.

Got some livies and started drifting. Got 1 after the 3rd drift about 38cm, nothing touched the livey and only got 1 or 2 small snapper all on slimey fillets.

Changed spots only to find about 10 boats driving around stirring the place up so wasn't surprised got nothing there.

Was messaging Scratchie and he suggested a spot.

Wasn't looking good but after the 3rd drift got 2 just legal and a nice 51cm on a slimey head. Sammy the seal soon shut down the fishing so headed home quiet happy.

Looking forward to my chefing attempt of a baked snapper 

20190728_170720-2304x1728.jpg

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Woodsy1 said:

Nice one Peter, how were the conditions? I’m heading out tomorrow.

Woodsy

Mate a bit more wind then I thought it was going to be.

Ok drift but the usual weekend crowd made it a bit hard.

Good luck mate let me know how when you go

• Like 1

Good to see you got something for the table! 

Its hard to get a touch on a livie when you have boats zooming around! That’s why we try to fish during the week! 

Dinners looking good! They say eat fish twice a week, tonight is my fourth! Lol 

Gotta love Port Stephens 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Good to see you got something for the table! 

Its hard to get a touch on a livie when you have boats zooming around! That’s why we try to fish during the week! 

Dinners looking good! They say eat fish twice a week, tonight is my fourth! Lol 

Gotta love Port Stephens 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated.

That's about the 3rd weekend I've finished in as many years, love my Monday sessions, nice and quiet  👍

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Nice effort, Peter. Well done! Did you get them drifting baits behind the boat, or casting ahead of the boat, plastics style?

Hi Baz, plastic style mate.

Bloody albatross flew into my line when I cast  it, it mauled my wrist pretty good trying to untangle it.

It flew away but ive got some good cuts and scratches  now, hope they don't  get  infected,  ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peter Nelson said:

Hi Baz, plastic style mate.

Bloody albatross flew into my line when I cast  it, it mauled my wrist pretty good trying to untangle it.

It flew away but ive got some good cuts and scratches  now, hope they don't  get  infected,  ha ha

Wow! An albatross! I thought a gannet was bad enough! Bloody hard to find a towel big enough to throw over an albatross to calm it down!

5 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Wow! An albatross! I thought a gannet was bad enough! Bloody hard to find a towel big enough to throw over an albatross to calm it down!

Ha ha I think it was a gannet Baz, bad id  on my behalf. Looking at the albatross I think it's hooked beak would have caused some serious damage.

• Like 1