Bellambi first time 15/09

Abs

After being boatless for a year, I finally got my act together and bought a Quintrex 560 spirit.  After hearing and seeing reports of great snapper being caught just out of Bellambi a close friend who is a regular agreed to take me out and show me around.

we got to bellambi ramp around 5:15am. There was some traffic , but everyone was on the same page with getting the boats in and before you knew it we were in and heading out. We headed straight out from the ramp until we got to a depth of around 40m. Using patanosta rigs and a big sinker, we cubed pilchard and sent them down. The day before I decided to get the black magic snapper rigs, $16.50 each! At a shop.

within the first 30 minutes and a strong drift after the full moon, fishing buddy 1 landed to pan size snapper off a rig he made at home!, soon after he was on again

two hours in and then it went quite.

we moved closer to shore and headed to 20m of water just off thiroul beach in hope that the 9.30am tide change would produce some action. Again, 30 mins in and the same fishing buddy lands another pan size. 

After the change in tide and it going quite  again, and after loosing my anchor and two rigs on reef, ( had to be the bloody a shop ones) we headed back out to 45m depth. And yet again landed one more, with a cracker jackass coming in at 45cm plus

All on patanosta rigs and pilchard. We did burley hard but the drift was strong due to the full moon. 

We we headed back in around midday to a very busy boat ramp and boy the fish cleaning there was something else! Some of the local fishos there done really well displaying humpies and a decent catch of flathead. 

You could not not ask for better weather for a first time out of bellambi and I must say was not a bad session either.

147A0B60-6520-432D-93F7-96FE3B021086.jpeg

• Like 3