Port Hacking - Lilli Pilli

Yowie

Headed out early to the deeper water off Lilli Pilli early this morning. Only fish there was the trevally and the small crab. Hoping for more crabs, though is a bit early just yet. Bait stealing reddies also about, then just before sunrise they suddenly disappeared. Nothing at all.

I pumped a few nippers and had a drift over the Lilli Pilli flats, and found some fish over the worm beds, so stayed there for a while. Not big bream and whiting, with a few throw backs, but happy with the whiting. Have not eaten any whiting for a while.

The fish were scattered, and during the mid run up tide, the drift was rather fast. Picked up the flattie further down river then headed home.

fish.jpeg.204.png

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Welster said:

Another top feed of fish.   So often you catch another one when cleaning the fish at your mums. 

I do catch a few fish around there in Gunnamatta Bay. The biggest this year was about 42cm.

My mate lives in North West Arm and there are some big bream there most of the year. Just need to keep burley going in - fish skeletons help this.

Many years ago, the old fishos would buy a skinned rabbit from the butchers,  cost about 2 shillings for the old farts who know those days, now in the many dollars if you can find one. Wrap the rabbit in chicken wire, tie it to the wharf/shoreline with rope and the bream would turn up in big numbers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sydney south said:

Another great report and catch there yowie.....

Thank you, just a couple of quick drifts, but found some fish.

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great report and a great catch.

Happy with the catch. Friends managed to steal a few fillets.

2 hours ago, LuckyFil said:

sounds like a fun days fishing with a good collection of table fish to bring home - and share with Mum!

A nice bag. Probably why mum keeps kicking along, plenty of fish for her. (she is heading towards 90 in a while)

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 5:35 PM, Yowie said:

Headed out early to the deeper water off Lilli Pilli early this morning. Only fish there was the trevally and the small crab. Hoping for more crabs, though is a bit early just yet. Bait stealing reddies also about, then just before sunrise they suddenly disappeared. Nothing at all.

I pumped a few nippers and had a drift over the Lilli Pilli flats, and found some fish over the worm beds, so stayed there for a while. Not big bream and whiting, with a few throw backs, but happy with the whiting. Have not eaten any whiting for a while.

The fish were scattered, and during the mid run up tide, the drift was rather fast. Picked up the flattie further down river then headed home.

fish.jpeg.204.png

Smorgasbord! 

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2019 at 12:47 PM, Scratchie said:

Smacking them as usual yowie! Love your work! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks Scratchie. 

Tried a spot I had not fished for a while, and found the fish were in water about a metre deep, scattered over the bank. Bream hit the first nipper only a couple of seconds after casting out.