7 Kings, 6 Bonito and a swag of Tailor

Pickles

A great day on the water today with Tony and Lachlan. Bait was easy to collect and perfect “Kings Candy” size. Water Conditions were a little choppy off shore, but water was blue and warm - 25 degrees.

There were lots of schools of Bonito eager to swallow baits of live Yakkas, salted slimies or strips of fish flesh. Tailor got into the act also and these were XOS size and I had to re-rig several times before swapping to ganged hooks. Kingies were all rats and released of course, but we were “smoked” by  two kings fishing 40lb which was too light on Sydney harbour shallow reefs

We Stopped in at Middle Head to restock with Yakkas then to North Harbour for a few more kings, but couldn’t find any slimies in the harbour - they were thick at the artificial 2 weeks ago -  not sure if they have moved off shore or further into the harbour.
I caught up with “Tony”, a fellow Fishraider and we shared some intel - hope he posts his awesome day on dollies.

E221F435-0FD8-4FC4-ACBC-37C4E1364334.jpeg

B23D11B1-304A-4467-8BC6-B6A80BAA7CB8.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Forgot photos
  • Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 9:14 PM, James Clain said:

I had one take me on at the piers that ran me to ground with 50lb and a locked saragosa 25000 last week.

Dam. 50lb line and a 25000 size real and lost it! I find that hard to believe. Your obviously doing something right haha!

A good report & a great day out with plenty of fish there @Pickles sounds like the fish have really started to fire up since the last heavy deluge. On Monday a guy managed to catch 12 rats, 7 x bonito & a 56cm tailor all on pillys & float someone else managed a 60cm tailor & a couple of mid 30 models on the same set up

On 2/19/2020 at 11:14 AM, 61 crusher said:

A good report & a great day out with plenty of fish there @Pickles sounds like the fish have really started to fire up since the last heavy deluge. On Monday a guy managed to catch 12 rats, 7 x bonito & a 56cm tailor all on pillys & float someone else managed a 60cm tailor & a couple of mid 30 models on the same set up

Where abouts was that?

4 hours ago, anthman said:

Where abouts was that?

The Avoca ledge, hey anthman I see you reside on the northern beach’s & some, I’d say the ledges & rocks in your area should be fishing similar as water conditions  & temp should be the same 

22 minutes ago, 61 crusher said:

The Avoca ledge, hey anthman I see you reside on the northern beach’s & some, I’d say the ledges & rocks in your area should be fishing similar as water conditions  & temp should be the same 

Cool, I'm thinking of heading out past the heads this weekend (see my other post in general chat) via boat. So might drop a few mid water as well as on the bottom.