Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning, up from Lilli Pilli. Pulled out 2 tailor, and the hook pulled on another reasonable sized one, then gone. Only there for about 10 minutes, and did not return at all, which is unusual. Did not see any decent fish jumping at all.

After sun-up, the trevally turned up, and some jackets came on the bite, also biting off a few hooks.

The reddies that have been missing for the last few weeks have returned with a vengeance, eating anything that was thrown their way - squid, fish, pillies - at times hitting the bait before it sunk to the bottom. Only 1 legal one amongst them, but threw back dozens, quite a few just under size.

I also pulled out 2 jews, but only around the 40 and 60cm marks. Still, I'm happy with a few feeds of fillets, and the jackets are for mum, one of her favourites . 

fish.jpeg_227.thumb.png.2dcfc23ba39d2b1da31b1f775c4504bf.png

• Like 4

Another good mixed bag, years ago I used get a lot of fan tails with the odd couple of chinaman then noticed a turn around to the point where fan tails were uncommon, I don’t target them anymore but since you catch quite a few for your mum what are your thoughts or does the hacking fish different to Sydney 

Great report and catch as usual Yowie.We fisher Friday night for a couple hours around the moorings for plenty of those pesky pinkies a solid whiting, 2 good tailor and a nice squid.My son got something good and lost it at the boat just as i grabbed the net.

Well done mate.

1 hour ago, jenno64 said:

Nice work Yowiie

Swap any fillets for toilet rolls or pasta at the ramp?😉

Thank you.

A lady called Ray Hadley last week, she was at her local club for the meat raffle, and won a prize - it was 2 rolls of toilet paper. 😂 She wanted a meat tray instead. Ray said it was worth 10 meat trays. 🤣

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

Great report and catch as usual Yowie.We fisher Friday night for a couple hours around the moorings for plenty of those pesky pinkies a solid whiting, 2 good tailor and a nice squid.My son got something good and lost it at the boat just as i grabbed the net.

Well done mate.

Thanks Fab. A few larger tailor have turned up in the last week or 2, and they fight hard on a handline.

3 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Another good mixed bag, years ago I used get a lot of fan tails with the odd couple of chinaman then noticed a turn around to the point where fan tails were uncommon, I don’t target them anymore but since you catch quite a few for your mum what are your thoughts or does the hacking fish different to Sydney 

There are a few fantails about, but normally where I caught the one today, I don't catch too many. The fantails I see are normally in the shallower water around pontoons and moorings, and around the weed beds. I mainly catch the yellow finned jackets, and chinamans at times. Up in Yowie Bay is where I have caught the largest variety of jackets anywhere (though many years ago)

Edited by Yowie

4 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Nice work yowie! Your mum must love you. Always bring her a fresh feed of fish daily! Haha. 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks Scratchie. Mum is 89, and has eaten fish all her life. A bit wobbly on her feet, but still going strong and mentally alert.

• Like 1