TO ALL FISHRAIDERS

Scratchie

not as many at drummoyne today but still alot .I have not been out i put a new 27meg .car radio.new trailer lights .and new lowrance sounder in a mates boat in my yard inn the last 2 days cheers dunc333

2 minutes ago, dunc333 said:

not as many at drummoyne today but still alot .I have not been out i put a new 27meg .car radio.new trailer lights .and new lowrance sounder in a mates boat in my yard inn the last 2 days cheers dunc333

27MHz car radio...?

just who will he find to talk to? 

Who CAN he call for help?

Be safe, upgrade to marine VHF (much higher power output, 24/365 monitored)

Like the majority that are adhering to the rules/lockdowns/requirements I am staying at home other than buying essentials like groceries etc. but there are some, as others have mentioned also, that are flaunting the "rules".  The boat is having a nice little holiday in the garage at the moment. Unfortunately, in my opinion, I think the rules or whatever we like to call them, can be at times quite vague and ambiguous. I just wish the powers that be, be clearer in what everyone can and cant do/ should and shouldn't be doing. And I understand that different rules apply in different states!

Just my take on it all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dunc333 said:

some in our fishing  club are still on 27meg i have vhf as well and also insatalled a alpine car radio hope that makes more sense dmk

I originally read it as a 27Mhz car CB.....

thanks for clarification

17 minutes ago, Yowie said:

In today's edition of the Daily Telegraph, there was a small article on people being fined, and one of them was a fisherman who travelled more than 1 hour from his home to fish.

Yes I don't doubt that. There simply isn't enough police and other persons to monitor it all.

I was shown some pics of Molineaux Point today and there were many many boats there and across the bay, about 50 at one area 😞

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

I was shown some pics of Molineaux Point today and there were many many boats there and across the bay, about 50 at one area 😞

Many dumb arses about. Hopefully a bit quieter during the week.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 6:19 PM, dmck said:

Takes me back to my childhood in Glasgow.....

My mother's family were from Greenock dmck. I loved my Grannie's accent and stories of her tough childhood on the banks of the Clyde. bn

55 minutes ago, big Neil said:

My mother's family were from Greenock dmck. I loved my Grannie's accent and stories of her tough childhood on the banks of the Clyde. bn

On 4/12/2020 at 6:19 PM, dmck said:

Takes me back to my childhood in Glasgow.....

@big Neil AND @dmck 
My mother's family were from there too. They had very large shipyards and built The Terra Nova that took Scott to the Antarctic. Alexander Stephen and Sons Limited were at Linthouse at Glasgow on the River Clyde.,

Following the closure of Alexander Stephen and Sons in 1982, the Linthouse Engine Shop lay empty until it was salvaged by the Museum and moved to Irvine. I am yet to make a visit to this museum. 

Billy Connolly served his boilermaker apprenticeship at our shipyard!

Here is a pic of my family book printed in 1950 that sits on my bookshelf 🙂 . I have always loved the sea and ships or being on or near the sea. It is in the blood. 

Six degrees of separation. 

Sorry for the diversion @Scratchie :offtopic::adminpower:

alexander stephen 1750 to 1950.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@big Neil AND @dmck 
My mother's family were from there too. They had very large shipyards and built The Terra Nova that took Scott to the Antarctic. Alexander Stephen and Sons Limited were at Linthouse at Glasgow on the River Clyde.,

Following the closure of Alexander Stephen and Sons in 1982, the Linthouse Engine Shop lay empty until it was salvaged by the Museum and moved to Irvine. I am yet to make a visit to this museum. 

Billy Connolly served his boilermaker apprenticeship at our shipyard!

Here is a pic of my family book printed in 1950 that sits on my bookshelf 🙂 . I have always loved the sea and ships or being on or near the sea. It is in the blood. 

Six degrees of separation. 

Sorry for the diversion @Scratchie :offtopic::adminpower:

alexander stephen 1750 to 1950.jpg

It seems that it's not only this covid -19 that's proving the adage "it's a small world". My Grannie was (probably) the most fascinating person that I knew when I was a youngster. She was "married" to a Captain of a merchant steamship who travelled to all parts of the world. He still managed to sire 6 children even though he was "all at sea for most of his life". bn

• Like 2