Another tuna

JonD

As we strained our backs on megladon sharks from the shore yesterday, my daughter was out stick baiting again. This time foul hooking the fish in the eye ended in a two hour battle. My son is keen to do battle from the shore again this evening and my daughter is put there flicking stick baits again!!!!!....obsessed 

IMG_2837.thumb.JPG.39e3bda76647aa48bb9bc9d5c2a6f8f5.JPG

IMG_8682.thumb.JPG.4c339243677932357fee445f18c68e4b.JPG

• Like 20

Another awesome fish, its prerty much a once in a life time fish for most of us.....if we are lucky!

I'd like to hear more about the gear it took to catch it & what the weight was if possible Jon?

I've watched quite a few episodes of that US show wicked tuna & they are using some pretty hard core gear compare to this.

I get that the bluefin are probably bigger but still that looks like a more than decent yellow!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 4:14 PM, kingie chaser said:

Another awesome fish, its prerty much a once in a life time fish for most of us.....if we are lucky!

I'd like to hear more about the gear it took to catch it & what the weight was if possible Jon?

I've watched quite a few episodes of that US show wicked tuna & they are using some pretty hard core gear compare to this.

I get that the bluefin are probably bigger but still that looks like a more than decent yellow!

Most of the fish are around 70kg, though plenty of bigger fish have been seen chasing fish at the surface.

The gear used isn't high end rods and reels, simply the gear which is used by clients on kingfish. I will get her to find out exactly.