Favourite Outfit

Ken A

We all have a favourite outfit that we love to use :biggrin2: Tell us about your favorite.

Mine is a 3kg spin outfit. Its a Shearwater rod that Allen made on a St Croix blank & I now have a Daiwa Certate 2000 reel on it.

I have used it for many things from tossing Sp's & HB's at bream & flathead through to tossing small poppers at Big Eye trevally & small GT's. I have taken a few Tarpon & Bass on it also. It's just a great outfit to use & very versatile.

What's your favorite outfit?

I still love my Studwick sic stic 1-3 kg matched with a libra tica 3000 it pulls big and small fish and i have only been truly out gunned on it once. Its a fantastic combo but its in semi retirement as my mate stepped on the tip :mad3: and the reel needs the drag washers replaced :( Its a great rod.

Am currently running a im7 procaster 4 witha 1500 stradic light as hell and you can throw plastics and hardbodies a mile with 4 lb pink fireline also using a berkley dropshot witha shakespeare silencer reel in the 2500 series top little reel and cheap as hell for school jews loaded with 6 lb smoke fireline

Cheers Swordfisherman

My current fave is a TD Battler Kingbolt rod matched with my Daiwa Certate 1500, have had great fun pulling soapie jews on it, but got smoked last night by what was the biggest jew (or fish for that matter) I have ever hooked - popped the 4lb Fireline at the spool :1badmood: . Will be returning to that spot with some heavier gear now! The lesson - using bream gear on jews is not smart or clever! :05:

Custom made 3.5 m overhead, on a simple old Snyder blank. Hideous orange, with worn out, splitting bindings and a ridiculous 15" sand spike.

Shimano TSM II FS (tiny version of the common TSM IV). Has worn out 2 handles, mainshafts and bearings, and the drag washers have been lapped at least 5 times. Undoubtedly the best high speed spinning reel ever made. In fact undoubtedly the best reel ever made. It is irreplaceable and priceless. What is Shimano now offering me? A bloody Trinidad? Too heavy, fragile and expensive. No thanks. Don't even mention Daiwa Sealines, please. I've tried them already. Yeah, ha ha, very funny joke, Mr Daiwa.

With 6 kg Ande Mono and a 65 g Raider it'll cast 100 m all day.

This gear is UTTERLY inflexible: it'll hardly do anything else but cast medium heavy lures a long way and retrieve them quickly, but it's caught hundreds of fish. I love it.

Edited by Warpig

A ten year old loomis (GL2 or IM6..am not sure what blank) with a shimano Triton III (I think thats what its called)..

loaded with 6-8Kg mono (never worked well with Braid)

SHe has caught everything from a 23Kg Jew and two small marlin. (100 and 130Kg) yet is light enough to use on bream in the river if I haven't taken another rod with me (I change the reel though)

She is a bit old and tired now, but has never let me down..

if it was legal.. I would marry her

Edited by Coach

Currently its a Daiwa Seagake with a Team Daiwa 2000 spooled with 6lb fireline.

Deadly on the bream and still VERY effective on small jews and salmon!

Thats an easy one.

My favourite outfit is the one I am going to buy next.....

But from the ones I have already.... Its a home rolled S001 blank extended to 6'6" with a Biomaster 1000. Its great for tossing resin heads and light jigheads which is what most of my fishing is.

I've thought about this post for some time, and I still can't decide which of my outfits I like the best. :wacko:

I love youse all! :thumbup::1fishing1:

But somehow I'm still left with a feeling that all is not complete. Might have to call into the local soon for a bit of retail therapy.

Shane

:1fishing1:

My fav (not my best) is the first I built myself back in 1983/84. It is an old butterworth blank FMT72L. I got a shakespear sigma 030 to put onit and always loaded it up with maxima 6lb or Amilon S line. I have used it for lure and bait fishing and caught everything from yacka's to salmon, soapies, flathead, trout and bass year after year. I still use it every now and then even though it is starting to twist ? fibreglas tighten. The real still works great roller line feeder afeature back then still spins smooth ball bearing replaced once drag washers replaced at same time all still smooth but nowhere near as nice as new reals to use BUT always reliable.

Of new outfits it is the sic stic pro 7ft rod with diawa capricorn. ooh its nice.

Cheers

Trev

Favourite Fly rod Loomis GLX 7wt 9'6 with a lamson reel and cortland 444 rocket taper

Favourite med spin Nitro 7'6 mag spin and sustain 4000 for rat kings, stripies, bonito salmon and big flatties and that dream jewie on SP( yet to happen)

Favourite lite spin nitro 7'6 distance spin with a daiwa (cant remember which) and 4 lb fireline

Favourite heavy gun Wilson texalium 7' with a okuma titus 20 2 sp with 50 lb braid ( the stump puller) for kings and jews and hopefully a marlin this year

Regards Pogo

• 5 weeks later...

My favourite outfit would be the one that has caught most of my fish from boat in the salt.

A 1.67m 4-8kg Butterworth rod matched with a Shimano Biomaster 4010 reel which is currently loaded up with 15lb Maxima Perfexion. :1fishing1::thumbup:

It catches the fish that feeds the family!!!!! :beersmile:

cheers

Hooky