Caught my First Blackfish - San Souci Park

Nelfish

Hey guys, this is my first time catching a blackfish!

The day before I had @eladamrine teach me the ropes to blackfishing, harvesting green weed and making burley. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be able to catch my first one! Special thanks to him!

view.thumb.jpg.cee7e1294eb0a894bac275c9f06231f8.jpg

I came to San Souci Park around 2 pm, went to get some green weed and whilst rigging up my float another fellow fisherman approached me and spoke to me on how to rig up my float as I was still not familiar with it. He was very nice and gave me some really good tips on how to catch blackfish couldn't thank him enough for it!  

Any who, it was very windy today as well, I could hardly see my float as the waves kept pushing it down. Around the 20 minute mark I saw my float shoot down and immediately yanked back and    Oh man, the feeling you get when you feel something pull back, I landed a 31 cm Blackfish, not too big or small, but I'm happy as it is my first blackfish.

1724259_fish2.thumb.jpg.a801d5942e0c7904e95b6180d7f8b100.jpg

I kept casting out for the next 2 hours, but nothing else had come. So I went home and cooked it up- TERIYAKI STYLE, it was pretty damn good, might try steaming one next time!

942097986_teriyakifish.thumb.jpg.5f08f9371d47dc18a8235e8304a6083d.jpg

• Like 11