Whats going on with the weather - dying to get out

GoingFishing

I’m to blame ! Well maybe my boat is i dunno !

I  booked my boat in for a service a couple of weeks back and it started raining the afternoon that i took the cover off it and hasn’t stopped since !

Back in 2007 i moved up to lake macquarie and all was going well until my boat turned up - within a week most of the central coast was declared a disaster zone from the massive storms that hit the region , no power for a week and the lake flooded but I didn’t dare mention that my boat had arrived a few days earlier - they might have burned me at the stake 😂

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, noelm said:

The rain isn't an issue, it's the persistent wind, blowing strong from almost every direction.

I suffer from that constant wind issue too ! But mine always blows from the south and a foul wind she be 🤢☠️☠️☠️

• Haha 2

Before I retired I used to go fishing on average 3 times a week, often just 2-3 hours after work.

I retired due to heart attack and since then have had several bad health situations, now I can't breath if I walk more than about 100 yards on level ground, just a slight incline and I have had it, therefor walking up boat ramps to get to the car is becoming more and more out of the question, so I need someone to go get the car and back it down to the water.

Which means my fishing is now restricted to when I can get someone to go with me who can drive.

If you still have your health retirement is great.

Frank

On 11/6/2020 at 10:43 AM, GoingFishing said:

Can we find out who has been doing the rain dance for the last 3 weeks and ask them to cut it out.

Its this Latin chick called La Niña that's been doing the rain dance..... she comes and goes every 4 years or so...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-29/bom-declares-la-nina-wet-conditions-likely-for-eastern-australia/12617528

• Thanks 1

for the last 6 months i took Mondays off work due to this covid thing and i i said every monday will go out and fish.

i got about 5 days of fishing on Monday as the weather was just crap lol. Today is my first day back to 5 days a week and of course it turns out to be a nice calm day. Always the way isnt it

• Like 1

I'm starting to head back in to the office too. 

That said, I've been able to take a few days off during the week to keep my fishing skills working ok, and when you can choose your day, its a bit easier. 

Office one day, wfh 4 days. Thats what being in IT is good for. It doesn't usually matter where you are.

Edited by antonywardle

On 11/6/2020 at 12:43 PM, XD351 said:

I’m to blame ! Well maybe my boat is i dunno !

I  booked my boat in for a service a couple of weeks back and it started raining the afternoon that i took the cover off it and hasn’t stopped since !

Back in 2007 i moved up to lake macquarie and all was going well until my boat turned up - within a week most of the central coast was declared a disaster zone from the massive storms that hit the region , no power for a week and the lake flooded but I didn’t dare mention that my boat had arrived a few days earlier - they might have burned me at the stake 😂

Funny that. I only just moved up to the coast and that storm sent a tree onto my old boat.

Moved to lack mac now and new to me boat stays well away from trees.