Wanda beach bread and butter 13/12/2020

wchh

Took 8 smallish pillies for a short trip to Wanda. Got to the beach around 6:00 pm. The first few casts did not yield any fish, felt like sand crabs were demolishing my baits. When the biting started, it was a hook up at every cast, lost 2 or 3 during retrieving.

run out of bait 8:15 pm and came home with the week’s fish supply sorted.

the condition yesterday was pretty right for chasing jewie. Didn’t do that as it was a Sunday evening and I had to work on Monday. There were still a few people fishing when I left the beach. Hopefully they have caught something more serious.

Charles

A8AB5714-94E4-4D1E-ACA4-5CBF72CFBE24.jpeg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

You have shown what is possible on our local beach. We just have to put a bit of time in and go for a walk.

Might bump into you on the beach one day soon.

Bruce

Hi Bruce, 

Sure. I fish Wanda pretty regularly. Look for a Chinese man with a red hat on most of the time!😁

4 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nice catch from Wanda, as you said, you have your supply of fish for the week.

All the fish are all of my preferred eating size.

Can not compare with the presentation you had with your captures though. Your fish are always of their top appearances!

1 hour ago, wchh said:

All the fish are all of my preferred eating size.

Can not compare with the presentation you had with your captures though. Your fish are always of their top appearances!

Thank you. You have had some success lately, including a nice jewie recently.

10 hours ago, XD351 said:

Ripper catch mate! I always look at wanda on the coastwatch app and it gets some good formations on it !

That is what I do as well before I go. The camera is pretty clear, you can even see sea weeds if they are in the water. Yes, the beach condition looks beautiful for fishing these couple of days. Too bad the whether looks wet for the next few days coming. 

18 hours ago, noelm said:

Looks like a pretty decent Dart, get lots of them in the Summer, but they are always quite small here.

Darts give you a lot of fun to catch on light gear from the surf.  There isn’t a lot of darts on Wanda either at the moment, I think they are coming with the whether warming up.