Port Hacking

Yowie

Was planning to fish mid week, but due to the forecast, decided to head out this morning to beat the rain.

Only wanted to fish for whiting, so headed to Maianbar flats and pumped some nippers. Started a little bit before sunrise, weather reasonably pleasant except for 1 wind squall that lasted a short while. Waded water less than knee deep, and moved a couple of times as the tide rose.

By 6.30am I had 10 whiting and 1 bream, enough for a few feeds so headed home. A few not much over size, but whiting are good eating at any size.

While wading about, 2 large eagle rays headed towards me, the last thing you want to hook on whiting gear because you will get spooled. I had to poke them with the rod tip before they took the hint and swam off.

fish.jpeg.275_files.jpg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

Good bag of whiting, always a tasty feed with them. 

Last week up the coast the whiting were a little quiet.

I had a busy social weekend aim to put on the rain coat and have a fish wed or thurs morning.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. Actual fishing time was about 1 hour, took longer to launch the boat, wash it down on return and clean the fish.

Managed to find a patch of them, so good luck if you head out later in the week.

Dave.

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Love when the Ting are on the chew! Have you ever tried fishing for them with poppers? It actually pretty exciting to see them follow and hit the lure. Enjoy the feed! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks Scratchie. Have not tried poppers for a while, as the last time nothing was interested in them, so I stick to the nippers. 😁

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Awesome catch Yowie. Ud be happy with that bag by 630am !! The whiting are on the chew at th moment

I was thinking about fishing until high tide, but when I pulled out 10, that was enough. Whiting eaten tonight, some more in a couple of nights, plus some for my daughter and family, and some for mum.

• Like 1