Port Hacking

Yowie

I said I was not going to fish up river this month, however, my mate was sharpening his fishing knives, and knocked one off the bench. It landed pointy end down, into a foot, and he is having trouble walking, and bouncing about in a boat is not on at all. Yesterday I twisted my already stuffed up left knee, so I am hobbling about.  The joys of getting older.  🤣

Last night I thought, ***k it, if I don't go today, I won't be going at all, so early this morning I headed out from Lilli Pilli. I pulled out the reddies and flounder on salted fish strips, squid and pillies. There were a number of reddies tossed back around 29 to 30 cm. During last week I bought a feed of small cooked school prawns, so I used the heads and shells as burley today. Every reddie pulled on board were spitting out prawns heads.

A rat kingie turned up at one stage, and as I was pulling up a line - felt like no bait on the hook - a kingie grabbed the bare hooks but did not stay hooked up for too long.

Just as I was packing up, the crab grabbed a bait but kept letting go. This lasted for about 10 minutes until it hooked itself. If you look carefully in the photo, you will see that it has no nippers.

I pumped some nippers and drifted a few spots for nothing, then headed to Maianbar flats and pulled out the whiting. Headed home after that.

fish.jpeg.280_files_files.jpg

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, jenno64 said:

Beautiful smorgasbord Yowie! Mondays are bearable?

Thank you. Any week day is bearable. Southerlies due tomorrow, and the swell will be bumping up for the rest of the week.

Very very tasty bag there mate ... but again just imagine if you added some S* .... nah won’t go there. More left for me the way it is. 
BTW, what is going on with joints - my left knee has been giving me curry for last two weeks as well!

cheers Zoran 

1 hour ago, zmk1962 said:

Very very tasty bag there mate ... but again just imagine if you added some S* .... nah won’t go there. More left for me the way it is. 
BTW, what is going on with joints - my left knee has been giving me curry for last two weeks as well!

cheers Zoran 

Bait, bait, bait. 🤣

Curried knee joint and a bottle of red. Yummy. :074:

Had some whiting fillets tonight, reddie fillets in a couple of nights. Flounder for mum and she is happy.

Edited by Yowie

13 hours ago, Keflapod said:

Nice smorgasbord of fish there yowie.

Ripped off on the crab though.

It's amazing they can still feed.

I guess you could say he was clawless but he doesn't have to worry about that anymore eh?

Have had 2 nice feeds.

I hooked the crab in a front leg. I have seen them before, no nippers, and they hold the food in their front legs to feed until the new nippers grow again.

Clawless yes, legless no. 🤣

• Haha 1