Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning to Gunnamatta Bay, drifted in a few places to see if the tailor I saw last week were about, but not there. I drifted with a floating pillie and spun with a small metal. The only hit was the blue spot flattie on the pillie.

On sunrise, I headed to the Maianbar flats and pumped some nippers. Waded about in the cold water for some time, just toads chewing off the baits and a couple of hooks. The current slowed down near the top of the tide, I was thinking of moving then the whiting turned up, so I grabbed the 5 which is enough for a couple of feeds, then headed home.

# within the 10km limit from home.

fish.jpeg.309_files_files.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Nice job there Yowie!

Thank you.

2 hours ago, motiondave said:

Excellent stuff

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Welster said:

Another nice feed Yowie.   Most of the whiting you catch seem to be when you are wading, is that your preference to target them?

The whiting have been hard to locate in some places recently, however, I know where to find them at times in shallow water, too shallow to be motoring about so wading is the go.

2 hours ago, puddlejumper said:

Nice little report, haven't had much luck on any whiting lately.

Not the prime season for whiting at present.

1 hour ago, zmk1962 said:

Living the dream! …… bugger. 
cheers Zoran 

Thanks Zoran. Will be better for all when the restrictions lift.

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Great haul. Well done again.

Thank you, happy with what I caught.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fab1 said:

No need to justify how far from home you were mate. As long as you know you're doing the right thing who cares what anyone else thinks.My pet peeve.

Well done once again.

Thanks Fab. Just letting others know what is happening. 

Cannot say anything for the jet skier, a racing version, travelling about 50 knots over the Gunnamatta flats. Not exercise in my book.

10 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Yowie, well done on persevering with the flats....quite often the whiting turn up and feed for a short term and you endured the cold toes and got a sensational feed!

Thanks Rob. I kept hoping some would turn up. Could have been more about but I left with number 5 on the last cast.