GET VACCINATED and GET YOUR DIGITAL CERTIFICATE

mrsswordfisherman

For those that do not have a My Gov account here is a link how to create your account

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/online-help/create-mygov-account

Once you have a My Gov account you can create a MyHealthRecord

https://www.myhealthrecord.gov.au/for-you-your-family/howtos/log-in

If you need any assistance with please pm me 

• Thanks 2

I'm sure I won't be the only one, but I guess they will need to sort out how vaccination status works across borders. 

Hopefully not a hard task to get Australia to recognise that I'm vaccinated. I'll log onto my My Gov account and have a look, perhaps there will be instructions there.

5 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@wazatherfisherman if you have a MyGov account go to it and sign in

When you log in there is a quick Link that will take you to "COVID-19 vaccination status"

Click on that link and you are presented with options to "view COVID-19 digital certificate". Select this and it will come on your screen. You can save a copy to your computer and/or print it out. 

PM me if you need help waza

Thank you Donna, my Dr rang me this morning to tell me my INR level this week and said she'll access the certificate, print it and give it to the chemist who delivers my meds every week. Just wanted to say thanks though.

Regards Waza

• Like 3

On 8/14/2021 at 1:41 PM, Bowler Bob said:

I'm sure I won't be the only one, but I guess they will need to sort out how vaccination status works across borders. 

Hopefully not a hard task to get Australia to recognise that I'm vaccinated. I'll log onto my My Gov account and have a look, perhaps there will be instructions there.

Vaccination status is a national thing nothing to do with borders.

Any doctor or healthcare professional that gives you a vaccination has to log it on the Australian Immunisation Register known as AIR. 

Every Australian citizen will have all vaccination type and dates received. This includes influenza, Covid-19, tetanus, Hep B childhood vaccines for measles, mumps etc and many others.

You can find your COVID-19 vaccination certificate and print it out, store it on your smartphone or computer. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Thank you Donna, my Dr rang me this morning to tell me my INR level this week and said she'll access the certificate, print it and give it to the chemist who delivers my meds every week. Just wanted to say thanks though.

Regards Waza

You have an excellent GP then @wazatherfisherman that is a perfect way to make sure you have what you need. 

Its all about helping each other in so many ways isn't it. 

15 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Vaccination status is a national thing nothing to do with borders.

Any doctor or healthcare professional that gives you a vaccination has to log it on the Australian Immunisation Register known as AIR. 

Every Australian citizen will have all vaccination type and dates received. This includes influenza, Covid-19, tetanus, Hep B childhood vaccines for measles, mumps etc and many others.

You can find your COVID-19 vaccination certificate and print it out, store it on your smartphone or computer. 

227118224_3089327561299602_7980141590124321830_n.jpg

Sorry, I meant national borders, not state borders.

I'm in Singapore and you need to show your vaccination status on your smart phone to just about do anything or go anywhere here now.

When I get to Australia I need to work out how to get my vaccination status recognised. Fortunately Australia has now approved Moderna, my worry a month ago was that I'd have issues when I returned home if Moderna was still on the yet to be approved list.

3 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

You have an excellent GP then @wazatherfisherman that is a perfect way to make sure you have what you need. 

Its all about helping each other in so many ways isn't it. 

Hi Donna yes I have a really excellent GP and Chemist also- they even deliver milk and bread for me if I need it. Andrew the chemist, the Dr and all the health staff are wonderful examples of the absolute front line for us all and every Australian should be really grateful to all health workers for constantly putting the safety and well-being of others before themselves. 

It really IS about doing whatever you can do for everyone

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bowler Bob said:

Sorry, I meant national borders, not state borders.

I'm in Singapore and you need to show your vaccination status on your smart phone to just about do anything or go anywhere here now.

When I get to Australia I need to work out how to get my vaccination status recognised. Fortunately Australia has now approved Moderna, my worry a month ago was that I'd have issues when I returned home if Moderna was still on the yet to be approved list.

Oh ok. My comment might help others. 

Might be a while till you can get back here. 
Call the Australian Embassy for advice perhaps. 

Good luck

@Bowler BobI found a link that will help you with registering overseas vaccinations
https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/australian-immunisation-register/what-register/overseas-immunisations

Thanks Donna,

I have had my first dose of Pfizer a couple if weeks ago.  A few days later I had nausea and vomiting.  I think most likely it was a reaction to it but who knows.

I will put the certificate on my phone after my second jab in a couple of weeks.

i read the federal government didn’t require Covid vaccines to be logged with AIR until May.  So i guess some early recipients may not show on the register.   I have also heard that people  that have had one of each ( Az and Pfizer) do not show as fully vaccinated but are not eligible for the third dose of either.  Hopefully they get that stuff sorted. 

2 hours ago, Welster said:

i read the federal government didn’t require Covid vaccines to be logged with AIR until May.  So i guess some early recipients may not show on the register.   I have also heard that people  that have had one of each ( Az and Pfizer) do not show as fully vaccinated but are not eligible for the third dose of either.  Hopefully they get that stuff sorted. 

I am not aware of these things @Welster particularly the idea that the Covid vaccines did not need to be entered on AIR.   I had mine before May and it is on there. 
The AIR has been around since the late 90’s originally just for childhood immunisation data. In 2016 it was expanded to be for all ages.

If you download your Immunisation History Statement you will see your fluvax shots on there from 2017, if you had them of course. You will also see your 1st Covid-19 shot and date given. 

The brand of Covid-19 vaccine used does not show on the e Covid-19 vaccination certificate. I would be interested in a link to where you read AZ/Pfizer mix is unable to be listed. I will check that out also :) 

17 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

I am not aware of these things @Welster particularly the idea that the Covid vaccines did not need to be entered on AIR.   I had mine before May and it is on there. 
The AIR has been around since the late 90’s originally just for childhood immunisation data. In 2016 it was expanded to be for all ages.

If you download your Immunisation History Statement you will see your fluvax shots on there from 2017, if you had them of course. You will also see your 1st Covid-19 shot and date given. 

The brand of Covid-19 vaccine used does not show on the e Covid-19 vaccination certificate. I would be interested in a link to where you read AZ/Pfizer mix is unable to be listed. I will check that out also :) 

I wilL PM it to you. 

• Thanks 1

It may have been mentioned on here before but MyGovID and My Gov are 2 different things.

Being  a Numbscull like me it took me a while to work this out.

I downloaded the the MyGovID app onto my phone and linked my existing MyGov account to it and then downloaded Vaccination statement through Medicare to my wallet.

Sigh …… bloody technology. 🤔

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 8:19 AM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Are you vaccinating Jim? Thanks to the pharmacists coming onboard with the rollout!

The response from the healthcare professionals and allied health has been fabulous. 

Not working ATM....crook back...combination of sports/fishing/age/work related injury...basically worn out.

Getting a Spinal Chord Stimulator (SCS) put in next month...had a 1 week trial with very encouraging results so here's hoping I can get back to a more normal life...on top of dealing with Covid

Jim

• Sad 1

On 8/14/2021 at 8:54 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

I’m very interested in what you find Donna. I had a contraindication after my first AZ in June and it looks like I’ll be getting a Pf next. 
Many countries are using a mixed approach and accepting it as full immunization (Canada, Germany, UK, Spain…). Some are even recommending it. 
cheers Zoran 

1 hour ago, zmk1962 said:

I’m very interested in what you find Donna. I had a contraindication after my first AZ in June and it looks like I’ll be getting a Pf next. 

Are they allowing that only due to the complication/adverse reaction?

Id read that as well but the stance was they werent going permit to mix vaccines here

1 hour ago, zmk1962 said:

Many countries are using a mixed approach and accepting it as full immunization (Canada, Germany, UK, Spain…). Some are even recommending it. 
cheers Zoran 

In the future brand name will not gain as much attention. 
The mixing of brands is being watched but it is a little early to get significant data. 
Have a chat with your GP about this as he might provide more insight on this. 
For example if you have been having fluvax each year you will see that you may have a different brand each year.

Each year the TGA evaluates, registers and supplies the brands to be used.

Here is the 2021 list

3C44A1C0-236A-4EDC-A4CC-C75CFEEB31FC.jpeg

3 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

cheers Zoran 

Hi Zoran, I tried to find the article I read it on but no luck.  With not going to work I read through a lot.    My guess is its an IT issue that will be fixed.  

Thanks Jason. No problems. I'm just following the official government communication from different countries. And yes I agree they are usually IT related issues ... or implementations that reflect current policy.

Cheers Zoran

Thanks for the comments. 

The COVID-19 situation is very serious here in NSW

448 infringements were given by police yesterday because people left their homes when they should NOT have. 

STAY AT HOME unless you really need to go outside your home for food, medications, dr appointments. 
DO NOT MOVE AROUND in the community

GET VACCINATED

Look after yourselves and your families and friends. Do the right thing.