I Don’t Believe It - I Actually Won Something!

Berleyguts

So, Shimano Australia had a Facebook competition where they asked us to post a fishing selfie and they’d award a prize pack to the best 10. I got a message to get my details and said they’ll send me a package. 😎

I don’t suppose it will include a Stella…? 🤷‍♂️😂

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

So, Shimano Australia had a Facebook competition where they asked us to post a fishing selfie and they’d award a prize pack to the best 10. I got a message to get my details and said they’ll send me a package. 😎

haha, nice one Berlyguts!👍

From the sounds of it you don't win much stuff! Hopefully you might win a stella......hopefully!😅

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Would you mind posting the  photo??

cheers

Richard

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Well done Baz, I saw your 2 pics, the snapper & the kingie.

Hopefully it's someone worth while & not just a stubble holder & bumper sticker.

Still something is better than nothing right 😉

They liked the selfie with the dolly I caught at the FAD. That was tricky taking that - the boat was really bouncing around that day! 😂

5 hours ago, JonD said:

Congrats, we've had a few similar wins, often a Shimano hat, dvd's and a small reel. Had a few where we had won better prizes by entering magazine comps but many of those didn't cough up the goods!!!

I once won a subscription prize from Fishing World - a week on Lord Howe Island with 4 days gamefishing. I went on that trip 2 weeks before my wedding. My fiancé/wife didn’t want to go. That was the last serious fishing trip I had - 31 years ago! 🤷‍♂️😂😂

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Congrats Baz! I actually think that was the last fishing report you put up! 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

2012????? 🤣🤣🤣

Hope to see you out there soon mate 👍👍

cheers scratchie!!! 

Ha ha, Jeff! Not quite. I didn’t buy the Outlaw until Jan 2014 and didn’t move to the Bay until March 2017. Metadata says 20 March 2019. But, yes, it’s been a long time between trips. I think I’ve put the boat in 3 times since Covid hit. 🤷‍♂️Moving house in 2 weeks and hope things settle down then and I’ll be up for a Wednesday or Thursday fish.

• Like 1

Well, the dog just went nuts at the door and I opened it for the delivery driver and was surprised to see two reasonably sized boxes. It took me a while to realise they were from Shimano. My hopes went up… what could be in such large boxes? A full suite of Stellas? Or Tiagras? Reality kicked in, however, when I lifted the boxes and realised they were quite light. Upon opening, I discovered they were packed with lots of air bags… unnecessary in my opinion but they will come in handy as I pack fragile items for our move in a couple of weeks.  As I expected, I won some Shimano promotional gear: sticker, bottle opener, cap, neck shade combo thingie, and a gear bag. Still, I’m happy with that and I’m glad they came.

7DF25EE9-329B-4140-A0B7-2C09C4FDB8B8.jpeg

65E40DF8-8D9A-48DE-8B01-A10799C007A4.jpeg

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 10