Bolton and Marmong point fishing - lake Macquarie

BigHorse

G'day guys, this is just a short report on my last two fishing trips around the lake. Sorry forgot to take photos on first trip and second would of been too dark to see anything😬

The first one was at the bolton point jetty. I was fishing on dusk with just your servo prawns. (hopefully in summer will try and catch my own) I was casting out then doing a slow wind back in. Ended up getting a small 20cm tailor and a 43cm pike. the pike was hooked bading under the eye and i couldn't get the hook out so had to end up cutting the line. total time spent fishing 1 hour.

The second trip was on our tinny. We headed off at 6pm after dinner and motored round to marmong point. we set up two 1-3kg and 5-8kg set ups for anything. Target was flatties and bream. We felt lots of bites but only were tiny ones from little tiddlers. nothing was biting on the prawns so moved to using pillies. finally after catching nothing we dropped back broughton point/bolton point for there were lot more solid bites here and fishing jumping around. caught another small tailor, 18cm on a pillie tail. Apparently there has been lots of small tailor around the lake nothing over 40cm. We had a lot of fish follow our rigs to the boat but then swim back down. After the tailor we headed home. One small fish but beautiful night. The moon has orange from what we think was all the back burning for the upcoming bushfire season and there was a slight breeze that was perfect.

Thanks for reading!👍

• Like 3