Burrill Beach

GoingFishing

Gday Raiders 

Headed over to Burill Beach today to have a fish with the family. The forecast was for rain and it was pretty cool and overcast but it had been dry all morning so we made a mad dash over hoping we could squeeze in a cast or two before the rain rolled in.

The surf conditions were pretty strong and from the highest vantage point available there was no gutter visible in 400m of either direction. With three kids, beach chairs and wife with me i chose what appeared to be the deepest part of the beach and set up. 

The kids decided to build a sand castle while i prepared the rods and sadly 2 of my plastic tube rod holders rolled into the ocean never to be seen again. First line in i wasn't optimistic at all as there was a cross wash taking my ball sinker full across the beach and onto the sand to the left. I upsized the sinker hoping to keep the bait more grounded and started getting a few bites. Adam was adamant that he wanted to fish with ""his favourite rod"" which is totally unsuitable for beach fishing, but i didnt want to break his spirit so agreed. Surprisingly he managed to snag a juvenile aussie salmon all on his own. Very proud moment for me. Ayah was next with a nice little whiting.

We got a few more undersize whiting and a flatty which we sent back and then packed up and headed over to the fishermans co-op at Ulladulla for fish and chips.

All in all a great day out. 

Thanks for reading

Sam

20211208_121455.jpg

IMG-20211208-WA0031.jpg

• Like 9

Very enjoyable read buddy - looks like everyone was having fun. You’ll remember this day for ever.  Adam is a little Sam for n the making.

I was surprised you didn’t fit n a trip to Bunnings for more plastic tube after the co-op!

cheers and enjoy your trip. 
Zoran

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pickles said:

Great stuff Sam, good to see the kids out there having fun - stuff the kids will never forget. (hope you got to make some sandcastles too). 

Thanks Pickles. Its memories like these that last forever ! RE sandcastles...of course. Who do you think was the designer 😂

13 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Great job @GoingFishing. I find that a fish caught by one of your kids is worth five that you caught yourself. It's very rewarding to share your favourite pastime with your kids, and have them enjoy it too.

Absolutely agree. Very satisfying and proud moment. I really cant wait for them to hop onboard offshore fishing with me. But they are still a little too young perhaps. The wife is very scared !

13 hours ago, Yowie said:

The kids look happy, fish caught, then fish and chips you did not have to cook yourself. A great day out.

Thanks Yowie. Thats what holidays are all about id say ! 

1 hour ago, Isaac Ct said:

Great stuff mate, the kids seem to be enjoying themselves👍.

Thanks Isaac. 

1 hour ago, zmk1962 said:

Very enjoyable read buddy - looks like everyone was having fun. You’ll remember this day for ever.  Adam is a little Sam for n the making.

I was surprised you didn’t fit n a trip to Bunnings for more plastic tube after the co-op!

cheers and enjoy your trip. 
Zoran

Thanks Z. Some of my best memories involve the kids and fishing. I remember my daughters first fish..narrabeen lagoon. A yellowfin bream about 9cm in.length on a size 10 hook ! She was stoked. The boy is on his way to becoming a fisherman too i hope.

RE bunnings. I brought 4 rod holders with me so the loss of 2 was not catastrophic to our plan. I usually ask scavenge a few pipe offcuts from my building sites and cut them into 1m pieces.

• Like 1