Anyone seen the weather forecast?

Little_Flatty

I am heading to Pambula at the end of the week. I was going mid week, but not with that amount of rain while towing a caravan.

The swell is forecast to be up to 7 metres at some stage, so no swimming or beach fishing.

I have friends on the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast, both have said there is water where it's never been before! Got relatives near Lismore and Coffs, said the same thing, I just hope this "event" fizzles out somewhat or moves way offshore, we don't need crap like that on top of the already soaked ground we have now. Big seas, even wind are an event on their own, but, add flooding rain and there could be lives lost and certainly property loss.

Its going to be a big one by the looks of things. Not only the rain, but the strong SE winds that I really don't like.

From all this wet weather, there's no shortage of large potholes in our Shoalhaven roads at the moment and a lot of the locals are having a whinge on social media. I had a good laugh when I saw someone post this.

274777866_4859300787439364_2573751218543837624_n.jpg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Well aware of that. Some others have cancelled I believe. You would get your money back. 

We are still going anyway. Some friends from the club we have not seen for 2 years due to covid restrictions and Victorian lockdowns, and I have something to do in Victoria anyway.

The fishing gear will packed into the car, and used when I can.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Yowie said:

We are still going anyway. Some friends from the club we have not seen for 2 years due to covid restrictions and Victorian lockdowns, and I have something to do in Victoria anyway.

The fishing gear will packed into the car, and used when I can.

Good luck and nice you can meet those friends. We were just very lucky we got away in a window of perfect weather. 

Stay safe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back in the 80's LF, when I did a bit of spinning for Bream and Flathead down the Parramatta and Lane Cove river.

I bought a Camo Rain Coat for wet weather where I would wade the shore and spin into wharfs and Pylons, both Bream and Flattys would come right up to to me trying to wack the lure and I recon they really couldn't see me.

I didn't mind fishing in the rain as long as my chest and back was dry it made it tranquil with no one around.

Edited by Blackfish
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Back in the 80's LF, when I did a bit of spinning for Bream and Flathead down the Parramatta and Lane Cove river.

I bought a Camo Rain Coat for wet weather where I would wade the shore and spin into wharfs and Pylons, both Bream and Flattys would come right up to to me trying to wack the lure and I recon they really couldn't see me.

I didn't mind fishing in the rain as long as my chest and back was dry it made it tranquil with no one around.

Pretty much what I do these days!

I just bought a set of rain pants. Go well with my gumboots and now I'm able to stay almost perfectly dry in quite heavy rain.

• Like 1

Got some wind last night, steady rain, but the bad stuff is supposed to hit today around midday, tide is very high already, water is brown, swell so far is just kind of "normal" still a way off full tide, so who knows if any low lever flooding will happen today or tomorrow? Just hoping (and praying) it all just fizzles out and the forecast is wrong......

Edited by noelm
  • Like 2

I think high tide is about 9AM today, and it's a decent height (1.8M?) the water is already above high tide level, so I guess with all the run off into "Little Lake" (I live right on the entrance) and the big tide, plus the storm "surge" it's going to get much higher later on, some back yards might get a bit of a wash/minor flood.

Agree 100%, unless it's necessary to go somewhere, just "sight seeing" can be a dangerous thing to do, especially if the road is covered by water, flood waters can run deceptively fast and powerful, and usually "funnel" into some kind of drain, making them much more life threatening.

• Thanks 1

How fast conditions change, since my last post (about an hour) the swell has increased by at least 1.5-2m it's quite big now, and "wild/messy" steady rain (but not too bad) and moderate E/SE wind

Right this minute, the wind is howling, ESE, rain so heavy I can't see the houses on the beach, no chance of seeing Windang Island, I hope it's just a "squal" and not a sign for the rest of the day,