Sydney Cali's

danielsydney

Hi Danielsydney, nice catch!

how close in to the cliffs do you squid fish? Depth?

I’ve wanted to do a bit more deep water squidding - last time I tried, got a couple at 20m depth. Nothing huge though, but was testing out some deeper water spots. Never tried along the cliffs though

10 hours ago, Larkin said:

Hi Danielsydney, nice catch!

how close in to the cliffs do you squid fish? Depth?

I’ve wanted to do a bit more deep water squidding - last time I tried, got a couple at 20m depth. Nothing huge though, but was testing out some deeper water spots. Never tried along the cliffs though

Thanks mate. I usually focus on 15m-25m but have caught bigger ones out towards 30m. Be careful in close pick the right day as things can change quickly.

2 hours ago, danielsydney said:

Thanks mate. I usually focus on 15m-25m but have caught bigger ones out towards 30m. Be careful in close pick the right day as things can change quickly.

I have a few 20-25m deep water spots that I’ll try again - these are reef/weed beds in open water. Caught a couple there on a test run - average size though - could have been the time of the year.
There’s a couple of 20m drop offs that I fish next to the cliffs for kings ect, just never thought of trying for big squid there. Def only in calm seas.

• Like 1