A couple of highlights off the rocks

61 crusher

Since the cold weather & the fishing reports have slowed down I thought I’d share a couple of highlights for me off the rocks 

My set up being  20lb braid with 20 or 30lb leader & a diawa hyper 8’6”  7 to 15kg rod

Casting for what was looking like another two hour doughnut session I cast out the metal & flipped over the bail arm & let the lure sink when all of a sudden my rod buckled over & the reel screamed, after nearly a 15 minute fight & hoping for a long tail tuna up came a 5kg+ Mack tunaCF7744AC-8D88-4286-B0B6-BC0D300693BF.thumb.jpeg.b00680223df9ad3f4ccf47cffb2b49ea.jpeg

Almost a month later catching only one 40 odd cm tailor at first light & the conditions not looking good for a lure casting session I decided to use the tailor for bait fishing which I hadn’t done for a couple of years & target snapper. First cast & had a good hit but failed to hook up, managed soon after to get a just legal & undersized one  which both went back, after a banjo shark & Sargent baker I managed to pick up my PB off the rocks at 53cm, pretty chuffed considering it was my first time targeting snapper off the stone’s CFFC96A0-68EC-40B7-A8C7-847EA401409D.thumb.jpeg.ee048383d6aa37aa4c05ed1e6a0a956b.jpeg

• Like 15

That's a cracker mack tuna especially off the rocks. I haven't caught one for a while but I still remember how hard they fight and never give up. The reddie is a nice bonus too, just shows you never know if you don't have a go!

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 9:39 PM, Larkin said:

Couple of good fish there! Bet that snapper went well on the plate! 

Thanks ended up baking it whole, went down well, might try knocking the fillets off the next one & dusting in flour & pan frying 

On 6/14/2022 at 8:31 AM, zmk1962 said:

Nice work Dietz!  … well if you can call it work. 
cheers Zoran 

Thanks Zoran, tossing metals & lures around for a good couple of hours gives the upper body a good workout to the point my arms sometimes feel like Popeye’s, but the only muscle getting any bigger is my gut 😆

On 6/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, Little_Flatty said:

Some nice fish there Dieter!

Thanks Mike, lots of sessions & quite a few donuts to get those two

• Like 1