Sydney harbour Clifton garden

papafish

Went out with my uncle on this 200hp 6.3m boat! Was big and heavy!! But guess what we had no clue. Since I’m a land base fisho. Moved around a few spot and had literally nothing beside 20cm snapper or nothing at all! So we decided to camp around d Clifton garden and we found a group of leather jacket! Very good size and 2 Travelly but only hitting the 32cm mark!!! No kingie or bream or whatever around 

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Larkin said:

When fishing a new area on the water, an app like navonics is really helpful to find drop offs or to plot marks. It’s really handy for land based too.

nice job on the jackets!

Thx will check it out. We wanna go offshore do you need to report yourself leaving out the heads?? fAD 

20 minutes ago, papafish said:

Thx will check it out. We wanna go offshore do you need to report yourself leaving out the heads?? fAD 

Get the marine rescue app on your phone, and log in every time you go outside. It’s really easy - takes just a few clicks. 
Marine Rescue are there to help if something goes wrong - keeping us safe mate.

12 hours ago, Larkin said:

Get the marine rescue app on your phone, and log in every time you go outside. It’s really easy - takes just a few clicks. 
Marine Rescue are there to help if something goes wrong - keeping us safe mate.

That’s what I mean! Thanks bud

14 hours ago, Larkin said:

When fishing a new area on the water, an app like navonics is really helpful to find drop offs or to plot marks. It’s really handy for land based too.

nice job on the jackets!

Can’t find such app? What app do you guys normally use for location? Or to chart grounds etc

1 hour ago, papafish said:

Can’t find such app? What app do you guys normally use for location? Or to chart grounds etc

@papafish Navionics is here: Navionics . Also on Google Play and Apple Store.

While you are there, it is worth installing the Deckee App, especially if you are boating with your friends. You can also access it on PC as per Donna's post: 

As you may be aware, Deckee own this community, but even if they didn't, the features it provides to waterway users are second to none.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

@papafish Navionics is here: Navionics . Also on Google Play and Apple Store.

While you are there, it is worth installing the Deckee App, especially if you are boating with your friends. You can also access it on PC as per Donna's post: 

As you may be aware, Deckee own this community, but even if they didn't, the features it provides to waterway users are second to none.

Your the man thanks

On 8/3/2022 at 6:50 PM, Pickles said:

Well done Sam, great work - you won’t want to go back to land based now.

Not true!!! If I were catching kingie and snapper like you I will comfortably say yes!!!! But leather jacket 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Had a quick 3 hour session Sunday noon, caught 7 fish. Decent size biggest 40cm bream and just legal winter Travelly but one hit 39cm as well. So not bad for land base 😅 I need the reel to scream!!!!