Quick session in mosman

Ryan.f

Hi fish raiders! Thought I would post my first fishing report. I’ll also do a post soon on my learnings so far for anyone that’s looking get into lure fishing. I’m still very fresh to it myself but I’ve been fortunate to have @DerekDshow me the ropes.

so last night on my way home from work I thought I would pop down mosman bay to practice some casting and some of the techniques Derek has shown me.

I had 30 mins before dark and in that time I managed to land 2 fish (flounder and a flat head) and unfortunately lost 2 flat head right at the wall before I could land them.

I was using a 3” gulp grub in pumpkin seed twitching it along the bottom with a decent pause in between. Great fun on the light set up and happy to finally be catching fish 😂

• Like 18

Glad to see that you're putting Derek's tuition to good use Ryan. There's plenty of fish to be had in most parts of the harbour, provided you are using the right techniques, and putting the time in. By all accounts you are an excellent pupil who is keen to learn. You will do well. Hope you enjoy Fishraider, it's a great forum.

Nice meeting you, good luck with your Aussie fishing...far more opportunities to catch fish than back in England.

Cheers, bn

• Like 1

Overachiever!! :mfr_lol:

Well done. Glad you are seeing some successes and it will only get better as we move into the warmer months. I may have opened the door but you are the one that has to walk through it and the more you put into it the more you will get out of it.

Looking forward to the next fishing session.

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryan.f said:

@big Neil thanks mate was great meeting you! Hope you got back safe and hopefully catch up with you next time your in Sydney 

Very nice meeting you too Ryan. Good luck with your fishing adventures, will look forward to reading the reports as they happen. bn