Thursday Off Sydney

fragmeister

Hi Raiders,

Headed out for a fish outside the heads on Thursday. Fire red sunset as I headed up the harbour.

IMG_2309.thumb.jpg.6f0546a23443b07df729bd17fcfa1c95.jpg

Fishing trips have been few and far between for me over the last 12 months but I hope they will be more frequent and I can start posting my regular Friday outings again.

My main aim was to drift my usual spot in 40M off Diamond Bay for some Blue Spots but I stopped at  the reef about 1k off North head and came up with a PB Sergeant Baker... for what it is worth.

It went back of course.

IMG_2313.thumb.jpg.e3af7bbc0daa685bc08ba76222d64ce2.jpg

After the sun was well and truly up I headed over to my drift but I was plagued by small spikey flathead.

I tried closer in at the 30 meter mark and then further out at 50 meters.

I  picked up 2 at about 40 CM and they became dinner for that night in a tempura batter.

Headed home at 11am and reached the Wharf Road boat ramp at 12:00 where I met an older guy fishing from the wharf who had just landed a nice bream.

That wharf, like many along the Parra can be very productive particluarly for bream and Jewies.

IMG_2314.thumb.jpg.eebda06f7f41cbdc200187a4ed636c59.jpg

Was a nice day on the water albeit a little unproductive.

Cheers

Jim

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fragmeister said:

Fire red sunset as I headed up the harbour.

Sunrise Jim? 🤣 I know you said it’s been a while but I’m sure the compass was still showing sunrise in the east. 
Still sounds like a pleasant day offshore …  and you got dinner 👍

BTW I’ve written to council and dpi to sort out the disgraceful cleaning tables at Wharf road and actually got a response this time…let’s hope. 
cheers Zoran

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol!

5 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Sunrise Jim? 🤣 I know you said it’s been a while but I’m sure the compass was still showing sunrise in the east. 
Still sounds like a pleasant day offshore …  and you got dinner 👍

BTW I’ve written to council and dpi to sort out the disgraceful cleaning tables at Wharf road and actually got a response this time…let’s hope. 
cheers Zoran

Into the harbour perhaps!

17 minutes ago, fragmeister said:

Into the harbour perhaps!

Hmmmm sunset at 11am. I’d stick with - “it’s been a while” 🤣

Which now makes me think- are you sure you stopped at the reef 1km north … and not 1km south????

cheers Z

Edited by zmk1962
  • Haha 1

Good to hear from you Jim. Hope that all's well in your world and that you actually get out on Fridays again. That's a decent Bream that the old guy caught. Look forward to reading more regular reports from you in the near future. Cheers, bn

On 11/12/2022 at 6:50 AM, zmk1962 said:

Hmmmm sunset at 11am. I’d stick with - “it’s been a while” 🤣

Which now makes me think- are you sure you stopped at the reef 1km north … and not 1km south????

cheers Z

LOL.

Yep, I can even blame that mistake on being tired after fishing because I posted the next day after a good sleep.

With that sense of time and direction its a miracle I found my way home!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, big Neil said:

Good to hear from you Jim. Hope that all's well in your world and that you actually get out on Fridays again. That's a decent Bream that the old guy caught. Look forward to reading more regular reports from you in the near future. Cheers, bn

Thanks Neil,

Its just been one thing after another my end and fishing goes to the bottom of the pile... you know it must be important stuff if fishing has to be put on the back burner!

Cheers

Jim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fragmeister said:

Thanks Neil,

you know it must be important stuff if fishing has to be put on the back burner!

Cheers

Jim

Jim,

I know there are a lot of things in life, however, after seeing friends, relos, work mates dropping off the perch or suffering from medical conditions, fishing is needed for 'therapy'. 

I think that is why the wife likes travelling inland in the caravan to a water free zone. No fishing for me. :074: Being the smart man, there are always rods and reels on board somewhere.:fisher:

Dave.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, zmk1962 said:

I think you need one of these Dave.  She will have no choice but to go along once you reverse the “caravan” in the water….

https://www.caraboat.com.au/

Just trying to help 😬

cheers Z

Aha that's a beauty Zoran. Haven't seen one in my travels but the concept would have to be popular with a lot of people. bn

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 10:25 AM, Yowie said:

Jim,

I know there are a lot of things in life, however, after seeing friends, relos, work mates dropping off the perch or suffering from medical conditions, fishing is needed for 'therapy'. 

I think that is why the wife likes travelling inland in the caravan to a water free zone. No fishing for me. :074: Being the smart man, there are always rods and reels on board somewhere.:fisher:

Dave.

You're not wrong there Dave,

I have been to that many funerals in the last 12 months, - not a lot of fun. Dealing with estates over the last 12 months has been part of the reason why I haven't been able to get out.

Fortunately, I have quite a few activities that keep me going apart from fishing, and they are also very therapeutic.

If I can't go fishing, I still find time to chill out with other hobbies.

Cheers

Jim

door.jpg

casement.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing a great report Jim. I can relate about lean times over past 12 months, I’ve called off more trips than I’ve been on due to weather, (not funerals) hopefully things are changing. (I get out pretty regularly on a Friday also - love to catch-up next outing. If you pm me maybe we can meet up at bait grounds, the ramp or off shore?). Some of those hobbies look very productive - always good to have things to fill in a retirees day).

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 1