Port Hacking

Yowie

Some good crabs starting to show up, don't tell anyone.........but, my best at the moment is close to the main channel, along the drop off to the shallows behind the houses to the north and just to the south near the big marker buoy!

9 hours ago, Larkin said:

I’m not a fan of eating bream either, but you get what you can sometimes! I don’t mind them on the bbq with herbs/lemon/butter stuffed inside.

nice catch 👍

Thank you. Better than nothing at all, and the biggest one took some line at times, swimming side on in the current.

8 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Two boat ramps there as others identified.  The large building or the left is a popular fish and chip place. We use the ramp closest to this. 

We will be in Windang next week and we will go crabbing there :) 

Which ramp do you use?Is the other one good if you’ve used it?Do you guys have any luck fishing the general area or you just crab when you go?It’s a very scenic part of the lake there that I’ll go to more to explore.

The weather was superb yesterday and basically not another soul in sight.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Which ramp do you use?Is the other one good if you’ve used it?Do you guys have any luck fishing the general area or you just crab when you go?It’s a very scenic part of the lake there that I’ll go to more to explore.

Fab the ramp at Berkeley is very good sometimes gets crowded on weekends and ph (we do not fish either times) you have to queue up. 
There are toilets and and the great fish and chip shop there.
We normally go before Christmas to get fresh crabs for gatherings (not so many this year)
We drop our pots and then run around getting flatties etc 

It is our go to spot for crabs as we are close like you @Fab1

Pm me if you are wandering around there next week ;) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Fab the ramp at Berkeley is very good sometimes gets crowded on weekends and ph (

Cheers.That won’t be an issue for me.

It doesn’t look like there’s much parking there.I didn’t even realise it was there when we went yesterday.C0550D9D-05DC-4D3B-BF7D-21D21E6B8AEC.thumb.png.db276499ddf7595e52e90e73373da4f6.png

Edited by Fab1

4 hours ago, Fab1 said:

I have never used a boat ramp on the lake, as when I fished it many years ago, I stayed in the caravan park near the bridge, and just pushed a little rowboat out and rowed to my spots.

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Good one Dave - I’m with you re the bream, but they are good scrappers on light gear and some nice looking fish in your pics - well done.

Thanks Bob. The bigger ones use the current to assist them and make for a good fight.

1 hour ago, jenno64 said:

Nice bag Dave and the big bream would have almost pulled the rod out of the tinny! Is Maiainbar still full of weed?

Thanks Rob. The mongrel snot weed is still floating about.

When I looked at the ribbon weed west of the ballast heap, it is covered in the snot weed, just a solid covering of the ribbon weed to the point that you cannot see much else, and patches of it lying on the bottom so when you drop over a nipper, it does not take long to cover the nipper. Have to keep checking on the nippers to see if they are covered in weed, as drifting tends to hook up more weed.

9 hours ago, ilkfish said:

Hi Yowie

Well done on the bream.they look quite good. From ryour experience , is this the start of the bream season in the hacking.

Looks like the bream are coming in, they have been a bit slow.