Ballina amateur - finally

Vara

Well after a very long wait I finally got back ont the water. Usual time pressures but was desperate and the bar and weather looked great. So time to dust off the gear and head out.

Got through the bar around 7am. Easy today no stress at all. 

headed to the bait grounds. Never seen so many 5 inch bonito. anyway for the livies I wanted but changed plans and decided to head to the fad rather than the 32 fathom reefs. 

Not sure what to expect but the Dollies were immediately on. 

took three just under a metre and sent a dozen back to fight another day. Was awesome fun on 20lb gear. headed towards the 32s after a couple of hours of fun.

Quickly put 12 good flatties on ice then home to the ramp by 11am.

Whilst out there had a social visit from a rather large hammerhead, circa 2.5m. Never seen one that big.

this fishery is simply amazing. Fellow at the ramp had a yellowfin caught 4km offshore - no fibs. 
can’t wait for the next month. Marlin, Spaniards, oodles bottom dwelling table fish, wahoo, marlin. 

hope all wel. Still learning about this amazing fishery. 

Stay safe. 

556C2BDC-5B19-459A-B427-6FDB0892170D.jpeg

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Obsessed Fisherman said:

Amateur?

Yeh I am an amateur up here obsessed fisherman.

I have moved up Here and live locally two years ago this is my third trip.

so given I have few tested marks or spots every trip is a learning wxperience and I am a novice.

going to try the 48s next time. I can get to them but again won’t have any proven spots.