Squid attack

Restyle

Done abit of bait gathering in the hacking for future king & jew fishing trips. Much better then spending 55$/kg for hawksbury or 45/kg for southern calis. They have been in pretty sizeable numbers and all the jetty's have been pretty clean from ink stains so it seems no ones been out ether.
I have been out for jew for only 1 soapie and a mixture of bream 25-30cm, 50cm flathead and pan sized rays  

A quick rundown of the last few days is as goes.

Sunday - Only 1 squid 

Monday - 9 squid in 45 minutes left them biting as I had work the following day 

Tuesday - 5 squid in about an hour and a half. Mate caught 2 I got 3 

Last night - 29 squid split across 3 of us from 9 - 11pm 

Spots have been a mixture of Cronulla ferry wharf, Yowie & wallys wharf. "secret" squid spots have been rather quiet still. 

• Like 14

42 minutes ago, Larkin said:

Finally! 

Good to hear the squid have started to come around. Have also noticed that the water has become really clear in the Hacking over the last week.

It is quite clear, but it is probably the lack of rain that has caused a build up of the slimy snot weed. Still getting caught up on nippers when drifting.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yowie said:

It is quite clear, but it is probably the lack of rain that has caused a build up of the slimy snot weed. Still getting caught up on nippers when drifting.

Heaps of kelp down off the beaches too - went down this morning to wet a line off Wanda, left after half an hour. Huge bunches of kelp in the gutters.

1 hour ago, Larkin said:

Heaps of kelp down off the beaches too - went down this morning to wet a line off Wanda, left after half an hour. Huge bunches of kelp in the gutters.

Looking at the surf cam yesterday, the beach kelp was off North Cronulla but fairly clear at Wanda.

50 minutes ago, Aussie_fisher said:

Hoping to go fishing at Walsh bay for kingies this weekend. Will try for live arrow squid right before I start fishing for kings, hopefully it goes well, and I find some squid near the piers. 29 squid in 2 hrs is honestly amazing, even if it was between 3 people.

Have heard of decent stuff comming from the piers. I personally avoid them due to that spot attracting the worst kind of people at times. Not sure if the kings are taking livies yet but theres only one way to find out! 

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Great feedback Chris - thanks. I haven’t caught a green eye for about 2 months now, but there have been plenty of arrows in the Harbour lately.

yeah i haven't caught a cali in a while ether. all bait sized arrows with 2 larger ones which ill probably strip up.