There’s always a prankster out there.

Fab1

I asked the mrs to go get me a hammer out the shed and grab me a coke out of my bait fridge/freezer while she’s in there.

😂😂😂😂She came out of that she’d like a dazed cockroach in its last legs in a mighty hurry.😂😂

I conveniently forgot to mention to her that when I was in there last over a week ago I accidentally turned off the fridge power point instead of the radio.😂😂

The look on her face and the mouthful she gave me was priceless! For everything else there’s Mastercard.😂😂

I felt bad for laughing at her I really did..For about a split second as she does things to me too.Last one she did was sneak into the shower and turn off the tap.She turned off the cold one instead of hot one didn’t she.😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

There is just nothing like a bait freezer that's gone bad.......I had a big freezer (about 7' Long) and it was near full of crab bait, ice and general fishing "stuff", sometime or another it died, unbeknown to me, I noticed a bit of an "odour" out the back garage but didn't think much of it, then some Blowflies buzzing around, which is very rare for us, being on the beach, and nearly always windy, we get next to no flies, mosquitoes and anything like that! A few days later I opened the back garage door to be greeted by a foul smell that made me heave (I am weak as water with smells) I had to get my wife to check it out properly....her report was not good? I ended up getting a dust mask, dousing it in disinfectant, and with my son and two trolleys we juggled it out of the garage, inside I could hear sloshing, I was dry reaching continually, my son was laughing. I had to step away and redo my mask, made a ramp and got the freezer into the back of the Ute, with the aid of two other people, then I decided to take the whole thing to the dump, getting it off the Ute was a real peach....... I reversed up, got my son in the back of the Ute and we got to the tipping point on the tailgate, on the count if three we gave it a mighty heave, over it went, spilling vile smelling ooze as it went, I was dry reaching again, much to my sons amusement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

I’m still wondering where she placed the hammer Fab? But I think I can guess 🤣

cheers Z

It’s still hanging up as she didn’t follow my instructions word for word did she.

The plan was I only wanted a coke as I had a hammer already and told her get the hammer to keep her in the stench zone that bit longer.

She went to get the coke first and didn’t  make it past opening the door about an inch and running out empty handed.No hammer, no coke.

I told her to go back in and get them but it didn’t go down to well as I suspected..😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You look like Darth Vader on a bad day. What a crack up of a post Fab. Good that your wife and you have a relationship where there's a lot of give and take otherwise you could have had the hammer impacting your skull and divorce papers served for dinner. Still laughing...have a great Christmas you guys. bn

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, noelm said:

There is just nothing like a bait freezer that's gone bad.......I had a big freezer (about 7' Long) and it was near full of crab bait, ice and general fishing "stuff", sometime or another it died, unbeknown to me, I noticed a bit of an "odour" out the back garage but didn't think much of it, then some Blowflies buzzing around, which is very rare for us, being on the beach, and nearly always windy, we get next to no flies, mosquitoes and anything like that! A few days later I opened the back garage door to be greeted by a foul smell that made me heave (I am weak as water with smells) I had to get my wife to check it out properly....her report was not good? I ended up getting a dust mask, dousing it in disinfectant, and with my son and two trolleys we juggled it out of the garage, inside I could hear sloshing, I was dry reaching continually, my son was laughing. I had to step away and redo my mask, made a ramp and got the freezer into the back of the Ute, with the aid of two other people, then I decided to take the whole thing to the dump, getting it off the Ute was a real peach....... I reversed up, got my son in the back of the Ute and we got to the tipping point on the tailgate, on the count if three we gave it a mighty heave, over it went, spilling vile smelling ooze as it went, I was dry reaching again, much to my sons amusement.

I guess you don't work in a mortuary noelm. Sorry but still laughing at your post, although chucking up is (normally) no laughing matter. Hope you keep the power on to the new one.

Cheers, bn

• Like 1

I have no idea why I am so weak when it comes to smells, looking at stuff, touching stuff, no worries, but smells.......when my kids and later grandkids nappies needed changing, it was a family joke to get me to do it, so they could all have a laugh! Even when I had a dog, I could pick up dog poop, but if I disturbed it, and got a whiff bbuuuurrrbbbb, if I hit a fresh one with the mower, yeeeew. Everyone in my family thinks it hilarious. A few weeks ago, we had a Willy Wagtail nest just outside the back door, the parents abandoned the young ones and they died (pretty sad) and my wife said I had to get rid of it, out comes the step ladder, grab the nest and disturbed the contents, down the ladder, bent over dry reaching, had to get my wife to get it then, after she got over the shits, she thought it was funny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

You look like Darth Vader on a bad day. What a crack up of a post Fab. Good that your wife and you have a relationship where there's a lot of give and take otherwise you could have had the hammer impacting your skull and divorce papers served for dinner. Still laughing...have a great Christmas you guys. bn

We always have a great time and a laugh at each other’s expense mate.Often I’m the one getting pranked and her having the laugh.

Life’s too short to be serious and miserable mate.

Hope your Xmas is a great one too mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Cool .... So still on the peg board... and not pegged at your head ! 🤣

Cheers Z

peg board? Do people still use that rubbish?i’ve always hated that stuff.We all know real men always leave their hammer on the bench somewhere where it can easily fall onto your tootsies when looking for it.If I have my shed nice and tidy I can’t find anything but if there’s 💩 everywhere I know exactly where everything is.😂😂It’s tidy at the moment and that reminds me where’s my 10mm socket?

• Haha 3

On 12/18/2022 at 2:56 PM, Fab1 said:

This is how I had to go in and do battle with the fridge.My poor mrs going unarmed.😂😂60475591-4E66-448B-BA86-10F23FAF5E18.thumb.jpeg.86d23c015fd8ebf06a0fe02c33b91e2e.jpeg

Maybe it’s just me … but somehow a purple Vader is just not scary .... more pretty than scary !

What else do you wear with it Fab? … attended any marches lately? 🤣

cheers Zoran 

Edited by zmk1962

6 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Maybe it’s just me … but somehow a purple Vader is just not scary .... more pretty than scary !

What else do you wear with it Fab? … attended any marches lately? 🤣

cheers Zoran 

One must not tell all secrets mate.Besides this is a family orientated group.

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

That's the best I have ever seen you look.

The mask does wonders

Chewbacca would have been impressed.

May the force be with you.

Cheers.

How rude!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2022 at 3:36 PM, noelm said:

I had a dog, I could pick up dog poop, but if I disturbed it, and got a whiff bbuuuurrrbbbb,

Kids for me were no problem, well if they were my kids.

The dog Poo Oh Boy!!!

The first time i went to pick it up, i got a whiff and up come my BBQ lunch, then i had to keep shooing the dog away as he wanted to eat my brought-up lunch, all the while trying to pick up the poo and dry wrenching at the same time. My wife and kids thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Old bait smells weren't as bad for me, I left Pilchards and prawns along with wet chicken pellets in the burley tube inside the boat for 2 weeks, didn't i get a nice smell when i took the cover off. Took them fishing and let the ocean do it work.

Edited by jeffb5.8
  • Like 1