A few flatties and a release

jenno64

Headed out into the Georges this morning to avoid the Hacking boat traffic....a bit more room to escape the %^&*heads:). Bought some live prawns a couple of days ago and kept them a dozen or so alive. Headed to my poddy spot an hour after high tide but they weren't cooperating and I only got a couple. I almost spent the day at the spot when the boat was sitting high and dry on a sand bank with the tide quickly receding but thankfully a couple of kayaks paddled past and helped me wrestle the boast back into deeper water, thanks guys!

Headed up river to one of my favourite deep spots and had one poddy crushed on a drift, possibly a jew? The wind picked up so I headed to another spot to drop a live prawn and and my only poddy. Picked up a small flatty on the prawn but the livey remained untouched. Time to tie some lures on and try another spot. With the electric I trolled a hard body and a blade across a shallow patch of reef and had instant results, picked up a nice flatty on the blade in the 50s. The next hour it was one with a fish every drift. I tied on a bigger HB on my heavier rod and it nailed a couple of flatties in the high 50s and dropped an airborne croc too. Last fish was the best going 75cm and my first croc release of 2023. The release video was hard work as the nor Easter was howling by this time. 

Took 4 nice flatties home for the table and glad to have released a nice model. Steering is ratshit so the boat won't be getting wet for a while as I need to change the steering cable before next outing! Happy New Year Raiders!

46cm flatty 3.1.23.jpg

59cm flatty 3.1.23.jpg

58cm flatty 3.1.23.jpg

double clutch.jpg

75cm flatty released 3.1.23.jpg

• Like 13

Well done sir! If you need a new poddy spot let me know, I have an ace of a one.

I was in the hacking this morning, you were right about the traffic, got smoked by a Jew next to the boat..

the George’s is a lot bigger river!

Nice bag of flatties there Rob. The Hacking is full of d***heads who do not give a toss about others.

In saying that, I will have a quick fish on Wednesday morning. Have a bucket with some nippers sitting in the wine cellar - the missus won't be happy if she finds them in the house.  🤣

On 1/3/2023 at 7:04 PM, Crabstar said:

Well done sir! If you need a new poddy spot let me know, I have an ace of a one.

I was in the hacking this morning, you were right about the traffic, got smoked by a Jew next to the boat..

the George’s is a lot bigger river!

Thanks Crabstar

I have a couple of poddy spots in the Georges but the tide needs to be right. If you have another idea pm me!

On 1/3/2023 at 7:19 PM, Yowie said:

Nice bag of flatties there Rob. The Hacking is full of d***heads who do not give a toss about others.

In saying that, I will have a quick fish on Wednesday morning. Have a bucket with some nippers sitting in the wine cellar - the missus won't be happy if she finds them in the house.  🤣

Thanks Yowie

Georges has a few more square metres to spread the d***heads out!

On 1/3/2023 at 7:35 PM, R E G I C Y C L E said:

Nice report with some good flatties. Good to see the double clutch doing the damage!

Cheers the double clutch worked a treat in the shallow water! I haven't used it trolling before!

On 1/3/2023 at 9:16 PM, Pickles said:

Great report Rob, a good bag of Flatties and some nice size to them.

Thanks Bob, it was a nice patch of them over a drift of 100m or so!

On 1/3/2023 at 9:26 PM, bessell1955 said:

Great sized Flatties.

Cheers

On 1/3/2023 at 11:02 PM, Larkin said:

Some good fish 👍
no need to spend time getting poddies next time with such a good result with the lures

You are right, when I look at my lure collection of the last 15-20 years I shouldn't need to buy another!