Salty Hawkesbury Yakking

R E G I C Y C L E

Met a mate at Brooklyn around 630am, had the yaks in the water at 7am. Plan was to fish the various oyster racks on the Hawkesbury.

Well the plan didn't exactly succeed, but we found an awesome spot for flatties, where I landed my PB at 60cm on a 90mm double clutch. Got a few fish here but just kept 1 each.

Oyster racks didn't deliver, with only a couple small tailor and a soapie jewy for my mate.

Big day out with around 25km of pedaling and 8 hours on the water. A cracking storm blew through as we were heading back to the launch spot, but luckily the worst seemed to go around us. Still got a decent swell up but the Hobie handled it great.

20230104_121219.jpg

20230104_132241.jpg

Edited by R E G I C Y C L E
Spelling error
  • Like 7

Good Flattie that. Were you 2 up past Bar Point? I saw 2 kayaks having a drift while i was up on the bank in the tinnie having an early lunch.

One of the 2 caught a nice flattie while i was there. 

• Like 1

Nice work whoever has the electric outboard on their Kayak, made life easy getting back to the start of the drift I noticed.

Hard work yesterday. I flicked Cranka Crab lures along the banks for 5 hrs and managed 1 keeper Flattie...got to be in it to win they say!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jed38 said:

Nice work whoever has the electric outboard on their Kayak, made life easy getting back to the start of the drift I noticed.

Haha that was my mate. He was very smug until the battery went flat and he had to paddle the whole way back 😆

4 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Regicycle

I hope my double clutch catch inspired you, great flatty and well done on the PB! Big day out!

Cheers! Yeah partly inspired by your catch 😁 they're a great lure 

• Like 1