Friends Dam Scouting

James  Clain

A good friend of mine has a dam on his property, we had always joked that we would go fishing in there one day. We forgot about this.... Until his younger brother actually decided to do it and ended up catching a good sized bass. So with there actually bass being confirmed to be in there we decided to fish it properly.

Here are the results. 

image.thumb.png.dc99d0480968fb9a52130a21e8c6e864.png

This one is 42 centimetres and it managed to wrap me around the structure, we almost sent out the kayak to try and help pull it out from above but luckily it swam out. 

• Like 10

Great work James, any Bass over 40 is a fish to be proud of and you scored 2, well done.

(I have a few Bass & Silver Perch in my dam and I’m sure after the floods there ar a lot more dams in the Hawkesbury that have Bass in them.)

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, James Clain said:

Interestingly the 42 out up a great fight. However, the 45 didn't pull a click of drag. 

Reminds me of my first jewie, many years ago as a teenager. A small one at 4 pound on a rod with 6 pound mono. No fight at all. Could not see what fishos were talking about with their fighting ability.

The second one a few weeks later, just over 6 pound on the same gear. Fought so hard that it eventually died and floated to the surface. 2 extremes.

• Like 1