Snowies Trip 5-6th

Spent Thursday and Friday in the Snowies with some family and managed to get some fishing in.

After driving down on Thursday, we parked up at Jounama Creek for the afternoon. Got onto the first fish within 15 minutes, a small beautifully colored rainbow. Hiked a couple of kms of the creek for 1 more fish, and multiple hits and follows. Seems like most fish in this section were around 20-30cm. Kept the second fish as he was bleeding from the gills, and cooked him up for dinner.

Friday morning I ventured to some small streams near our campsite on Long Plain. Found some pools with insanely clear water, holding multiple fish up to about 50cm. Landed 2 fish around 35cm and had hits from some larger models. So awesome sight casting to these fish.

We had a fairly tight schedule so I was happy with 4 fish in the time I had. Will definitely return to explore further.

IMG-20230106-WA0083.jpg

IMG-20230107-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20230106-WA0032.jpg

20230108_073453.jpg

20230105_105849.jpg

• Like 11

Great report.

This is a lovely part of the river. Futher down there are falls and below that is also awsome.

I have not fished there for since the drought and just great to know the fish are back and healthy.

Thanks for the report.

Geoff