Derrubbin still firing - how much longer ?

Pickles

Took my nephew and his son out for a session on the Hawkesbury yesterday. He’d only caught a few (small) Bass and EP’s at Balina in the past, so I was keen to get them onto a 40cm fish and God was good, we scored 3 over 40 (33in total) - they were stoked and his son (Toby), hadn’t been fishing much at all and never successfully on Bass. He also dropped a 50cm flattie (over enthusiastic rod work) at the side of the boat. I tried some new water further down river towards Webb’s creek and there were plenty down there too and close to the new Wisemans ferry ramp. Caught up with Mr & Mrs Swordy who also had a cracker day.

2B56C967-8874-47AD-8317-ECA92E5C829C.jpeg

2EAECB2F-600C-4D0A-B1B8-1F24E803C8D4.jpeg

9F2208DF-E998-433F-8827-DCC123166269.jpeg

3556AFF5-F59F-497F-9211-843417160710.jpeg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Bennyg78 said:

Well done, is it common to have the bass that far down the river at this time of year?

In my experience - Yes it’s uncommon for bass still to be schooled up and aggregated this time of year, but it’s been a very long season, warm water, cool days (relatively), small cicada hatch after the floods, prawns still running way up in the fresh - unusual conditions indeed.

• Like 1

642 Bass this season so far (landed) only one 50cm a few in the 40’s lots in the 30’s and some that were not much bigger than the lure, but I’m just up the road from the river and it is my country (Gundungurra boarders Derrubbin (Dyarubbin).

Edited by Pickles
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Pickles said:

642 Bass this season so far (landed) only one 50cm a few in the 40’s lots in the 30’s and some that were not much bigger than the lure, but I’m just up the road from the river and it is my country (Gundungurra boarders Derrubbin (Dyarubbin).

You really do deserve the title "Bass Master" Thats a fantastic effort. Thank you for letting me share it with you.

• Like 1