Shops that sell Live Prawns ?

JayC Fisho

I found this older post , not sure if it will help as the shop may have closed .

I think a lot of places don’t bother as it would be a PIA to keep them alive and they cost a fortune - most people opt out and pump nippers instead . 
You could try a prawn style lure -they definitely catch fish .

There is a guy out at Oxley park that sells the prawns he catches in the Hawkesbury, maybe he could keep some alive for you ? Look on Facebook for the raw prawn co . Unfortunately many of the trawler guys are wary of keeping prawns for anyone they don’t know as there has been a few incidents where those buying them don’t want to pay the going rate or just don’t turn up to pick them up .

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, big Neil said:

Pickles buys them directly from the trawlers as they work the Upper Hawkesbury system. Send him a pm. bn

8 hours ago, XD351 said:

I found this older post , not sure if it will help as the shop may have closed .

I think a lot of places don’t bother as it would be a PIA to keep them alive and they cost a fortune - most people opt out and pump nippers instead . 
You could try a prawn style lure -they definitely catch fish .

There is a guy out at Oxley park that sells the prawns he catches in the Hawkesbury, maybe he could keep some alive for you ? Look on Facebook for the raw prawn co . Unfortunately many of the trawler guys are wary of keeping prawns for anyone they don’t know as there has been a few incidents where those buying them don’t want to pay the going rate or just don’t turn up to pick them up .

1 hour ago, slothparade said:

Drumoyne bait and tackle 

First call bait and tackle 

Fish and flick 

thanks all. I'm trying to get live prawns for kings on wharfs, saw a few guys pull kings constantly in numbers on them on popular wharves. Tried lures but the kings just ignore them.

15 hours ago, XD351 said:

If you want kings I would recommend live or fresh squid- lollipops .

I haven't been successful on catching squid recently, tried a few spots only catching one or two before first light. So prawns are easier for me but thanks for the suggestion.

On 1/21/2023 at 9:02 AM, Aussie_fisher said:

Damn nice session. That many kings land based even if they are undersized is pretty awesome. I saw videos of live prawns being used for kings at Walsh bay and the kings were smashing them. Not sure if that’s where you fished. Cheers

seen those videos too but I have never fished at Walsh it’s too crowded in my opinion. I go to public wharfs like north Sydney Luna park cremorne neutral bay rose bay Watson for kings