Nambucca River 26th Jan- 5th Feb

Crabstar

Evening all!

Been sometime in posting as i have been away and work hasn't been kind (nightshifts

The fiancé and myself headed up for our annual Nambucca summer trip away, this being our 4th attempt there to see the crystal clear water after last year we were evacuated due to the floods and previous years it has been mud. This trip did not disappoint!  The water was fantastic, blue so clear that the fish were virtually non existent, unless you fish further down stream around Macksville.

We caught more mud crabs this year then fish, not big in size but legal anyway, majority were rusty and full of meat.

Fished the break wall a few times to which I landed a big eye trevally??? Not sure, it was returned anyway, i don't keep fish i don't recognize.

Nabbed a few flatties biggest went to 61cm at the entrance to Taylors arm.

Water tempt was solid and ranged from 26 degrees at the mouth and 29 on the sounder at macksville

Few pictures to keep y'all happy!

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

That's a big eye, the Nambucca is usually full of them

Last year at Tweed Heads, I pulled out 2 similar fish on SP's , about 20cm long, large eyes, and the fins were quite yellow. I was thinking Big Eyes. Your thoughts?

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Last year at Tweed Heads, I pulled out 2 similar fish on SP's , about 20cm long, large eyes, and the fins were quite yellow. I was thinking Big Eyes. Your thoughts?

Sound like big eyes, yhe give away os the black spot at the top of the gill plate

2 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

Sound like big eyes, yhe give away os the black spot at the top of the gill plate

Cannot remember back that far, but Big Eye looked the best I.D. A new species for me.

Thank you.

• Like 1