Chasing jacks... another raider collab

dirvin21

Hit the Nambucca with Bob aka @Pickles and James aka @James Clain the aim was to put them onto their first jacks.

We had an early start, the weather and water seemed perfect but the fish didn't think so.

Did manage to break the doughnut with a small black spot

received_715594580246654.thumb.jpeg.e6718a85bc18eed5d6ee9246b4b1c966.jpeg

But the jacks were playing hard to get. We persisted for minimal action apart from Bob hooking a nice bass and landing a few bream on the light gear.

We worked the prime banks with jack lures and whilst giving James a lesson in cast accuracy I managed to hook the target species 

received_715790129938840.thumb.jpeg.cf0898fea0e4ff36c898950aaf548522.jpeg

Only a small one but any jack is a good jack.

We kept working hard but the fish just didn't want to comply although the youngest member on the boat may have dropped a brown coloured fish beside the boat that wasn't a flathead 🤔

We ended the session by lunchtime, the fishing was incredibly tough but you can't conplain about spending a morning with a pair of 10/10 blokes

IMG_0888..thumb.jpg.c4120708a81438f9b83a89ab8dde6ca4.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me how many friends I've made through fishing and a lot of them from fishraider

Dave

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Would have been a very tough day on the water, with the combined capabilities of three distinguished Fishraiders, striking a lean patch. At least you got one target species. 

The beauty of being on this forum is that such meet-ups are possible for those who are keen enough. Well done to you all.

bn

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...