Damn Tailor

noelm

I was having coffee on the balcony this morning and a big school of Tailor broke up right in close to the rocks, ran downstairs, grabbed my ready rigged rod from the garage, ran over to the rocks and they had moved out too far, waited 10 minutes and they kept moving away. Back home, fresh coffee, and there they were again, smashing small baitfish, right on the rocks, zip downstairs gain, grab the rod, down to the rocks......gone, way out again, had a few casts "just in case" but, no go. All dejected, back hame again, heat the coffee, take a seat.......they are right in on the beach now.....bugger them I thought, and let them be, I just sipped my coffee and watched them, right in on the breakers, lucky, because 5 minutes later they just vanished altogether.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 2

Well Noel, tailor buzz around more than blow flies  🤣.

You just need to stand there like a stale bottle of p***, rod in hand (fishing rod that is :074:) and WAIT, and then the mongrels won't come back at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Hey Noel - been there done that, I’m a bit over getting frustrated now as has happened soooo often (especially with Salmon), but know exactly how you feel.

You stand there, looking at the fish busting up, cursing away, and they swim just out of casting distance. :1taz:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1