Port Hacking

Isaac Ct

Hello Raiders,

Headed out from Yowie Bay yesterday with @kobi caught a fish for a day of fishing. Early on there were plenty of bust-ups and heaps of bait around Yowie Bay so we stopped for a while to throw small metals for 3 tailor and a salmon, just keeping the 2. Also caught a few pilchards and yakka, the tailor was caught on tiny little metals about 3cm long. After a while, we decided to head to mainbar and fish the rising tide for some whiting. We could see plenty about and caught a few nice ones for a feed along with the flathead. The biggest going 43 which was a new PB for me. One of the bigger ones looked like it had a shark or tailor had a go at it when it was younger. The whiting we good quality and plenty of high 30's and 40's models swimming around. Tried a few spots on the way back to no avail. All in all a good day fishing.IMG_1067.thumb.jpeg.c6cb12f6ca8f490321dfe3a068676305.jpeg

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

Nice catch and well done on the PB whiting, 43cm is an impressive fish.

Those scarred up fish will always leave you wondering what happened.

Thanks Pete, it was a bit dodgy landing it. I was wading around with only a rod and nippers and was a fair distance from the boat and land.

10 minutes ago, Larkin said:

That’s a good haul of fine eating fish!

well done on the PB whiting - very good size fish! 👍

Cheers Larkin

• Like 1

4 hours ago, R E G I C Y C L E said:

Great catch. I find it incredible how well fish heal from wounds in salt water.

Thanks, interesting at the least

3 hours ago, Yowie said:

Good work there young man. Nice whiting, which rate at the top of the table, taste wise.

Thanks Yowie, as you said there were plenty of whiting about