Finally some luck!

After a few 🍩 attempts on Dollies for last few weeks we yet again decided to go out on the Fads to see if we can break the drought!

The day before our fishing buddies smashed them everywhere so things were looking solid.

Launched at Brooklyn Wharf in the dark and went to west head in pitch dark conditions... 

Yakkas were coming thick and plenty and we loaded up within 25 minutes with my friend Jerry smashing them.

Headed out and reached the North Fads by 7am, sea was super calm so even little dinghies were going to the Fads.

To our surprise upon reaching the Fads, a big yacht was hogging the yellow marker and hooked up only to find the landing net they have is not long enough to pick the fish up.

We got our livies down and then waited and waited for half an hour till my Jerry said to me "mate I don't know , you've jinxed them again" especially when everyone caught them the day before!

A minute later Jerry was on only to have his line snapped as the fish was decent and the leader roughed up by previous catches!

Damn! By this time there were atleast 15 boats there , one of them hooked up on a metal lure!

We then drove up to the 2nd Fad where there was only the big yacht jogging it and drifted with our livies till Jerry gets a 2nd strike.

Soon, I got a hit and in 5 min time we have 2 in the boat! A few minutes later we got one more and lost one and then fish just shut down.

We couldn't smash them as fishos did the day before but atleast I got to see some green after an year!

Maybe there is one more go left for this season for Dollies 🤞

IMG20230317113035.jpg

IMG20230317112944.jpg

• Like 13

1 minute ago, zmk1962 said:

And so your day has come ! ... excellent result. Bet you're glad Jerry came along .... showing up after a trip to dentist ...he's a trooper !

Cheers Zoran

Well said Zoran. Jerry is like family to us and can't think of going fishing without him!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

And so your day has come ! ... excellent result. Bet you're glad Jerry came along .... showing up after a trip to dentist ...he's a trooper !

Cheers Zoran

Two+ hours on the dentist's chair wouldn't stop me from going fishing! Besides I had to do it for Saad.

Edited by wrxhoon1
error
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1