Anybody noticed?

big Neil

Here I sit at the PC, in the wee hours of the morning... a lifetime of insomnia to blame.

The world is a very small place (room-sized), yet I know it's not the case. 

I am chomping at the bit, wide awake, alert, and wondering how soon I can head to the studio to create some work.

Behold, I look at the FISHRAIDER forum and am drawn to the section marked Unread Content. Beneath that Latest Posts...

I quickly scan the headlines for my first selection, WHEN, like a bolt from the distant storm, I see it.

05.42PM and then another 03.58PM. I scroll further and espy 12.46PM

Something is amiss. My alert mind quickly switches to Warrington Rd Primary school, 1952, and the beautiful Miss Ward (who I had an immense crush on), teaching her ever-alert students, and me, about time. AM and PM, anti-meridian and post-meridian. SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Ah well, it's not life-threatening! I wonder, has anybody else noticed? Coffee and off to the studio I go...

bn

Edited by big Neil
additional info
  • Like 1

When you work night shift ,am / pm, day /night and which day of the week it is becomes a blur- I have trouble remembering what year it is let alone remembering something from school ( not that I was ever there ) 😂

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, bessell1955 said:

Eradicate some more Mud Marlins!

It's chuckin it down at present, otherwise I would...   bn

3 hours ago, Yowie said:

Just go fishing b.n.

Pissin down at present Yowie.  bn

2 hours ago, XD351 said:

When you work night shift ,am / pm, day /night and which day of the week it is becomes a blur- I have trouble remembering what year it is let alone remembering something from school ( not that I was ever there ) 😂

Memory of long ago is better than memory of recent times... have to write everything down now.  bn

• Like 1

Bn. You were lucky to have a glamour teacher. I had Dragons who breathed fire & swash buckling guys who couldn't keep a cane out of their hands.

Disliked school. Couldn't wait to leave.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, XD351 said:

I can relate working nights mysel.The other night I dated all my paperwork (12 hours worth) 1985.😂😂2F6C009C-5993-481F-B05B-19E9CD6E7A94.gif.f6a08ad706be2d94bc17e11634decdd0.gif

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@big Neil get on some of the wonderful facebook sites to reminisce. There is a Warrington Community Group page even (if the school was in Warrington UK)!

I have a couple of sites that I belong to Donna, but they hold little interest for me these days. I have been in Oz for more than 50 years. Used to find that even the slightest, most innocuous comment was perceived (particularly by Brits) as an attempt at one-upmanship. To each, their own!

bn

• Like 2